Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System registry editor wont open

• Please log in to reply

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I go to open system registry editor and a command prompt window comes up and closes in a second.(Such as XP's protection DOS)Im pretty sure it was the effect from a virus. HELP!!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Can you please clarify as to how you are attempting to get into the Registry - Start>Run type in regedit..

Murray

lucien

lucien

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Im not sure if this is what greatmightypoo is refering too but when i go to run>regedit i get window that pops up and says " registry editing has been disabled by your adminmistrator" but i havent changed any settings?. sry if this isnt what you were talking about.

Edited by lucien, 24 June 2005 - 03:29 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download the attached file, extract from zip, double click fixreg1.zip, say yes to merge, double click fixreg2.reg, say yes to merge.

try regedit now

Attached Files

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
gerryf u are the man!!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, it's nice to know, but not sure what that means coming from "great mighty poo"?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:tazz: