Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thread Stuck in device driver

• Please log in to reply

Seoulreaper

Seoulreaper

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, ive had an Nvidia GeForce 6600 AGP card for about9 months now and only recently has it started to give me problems.

When i boot up my computer(regularly) the comp will work perfectly for about 2 and a half minutes, then it restarts!, the cycle continues in a never ending loop.

i get this error message

STOP 0x000000EA Thread stuck in device Driver

now i can get on in safe mode just fine, and that is how i have enough time to post this. Some of the solutions for this problem (given by microsoft) are installing the newest drivers, and or manually decellerating the hardware acceleration, of course i could have just not bought my 6600 either. ive installed the newest drivers, used drivercleaner to get rid of all traces of previous drivers, but nothing seems to work, ive sought help from nVidea costomer service, but none of their remedies work, they say i should return it fr a new one, but for that i wounld require the original receipt, ( WHO KEEPS A [bleep] RECEIPT FOR 9 MONTHS!!!!) i mean cmon this is ridiculous, i cant game ( which is why i bought the card in the first place) i cant have sound, and im a music major......i mean this is just retarded

plz help

Edited by Seoulreaper, 21 November 2006 - 10:59 AM.

Advertisements

burnoutnotfadeaway

burnoutnotfadeaway

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Uninstall your graphic card. If you managed to update the driver you should be able to figure out how to uninstall the graphic card. Once uninstalled, restart Windows and let Windows automatically configure it, or find the latest driver from the NVidia website. If this doesn't fix it, it's a hardware programming loop.
The hardware's onboard program is effectively stuck in an infinite loop waiting on the device to become idle.Since it's a graphic card giving you your output on screen, this obviously isn't going to happen. If the initial idea doesn't work, it's a hardware problem and the only way you'll be able to fix it is to send it back. Surely the Serial Number on the card shall indicate an approximate date of purchase, as most NVidia cards have a 3-year warranty.

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I had a similar problem a few months back but it was due to my memory. If you have more than module check each by using one at a time or otherwise run a memtest to make sure they are not causing the problem.

Seoulreaper

Seoulreaper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
well i havent gotten a response from the Nvidia support yet, but when i came home yesterday i had no suck problems, it was running fine, no restarts or error messages. But when i got up around 7 this morning it was back in its infinite cycle, but the thing is, many oothers that i have talked to say that this happened as soon as they installed their card, this is happening to me 9 months after installation, so thats also confusing me too. I'll run a mem test just to see, but i dont think its that, and if nothing works i'll call Nvidia suppport.

Thanx for the help guys

really appreciate it