Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA runs at 50degree celcius when doing nothing

• Please log in to reply

Shuh

Shuh

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Title basically says it all. The case is a Cool Master 690.

Mobo is a ASUS P5Q SE and PSU is a PCPower Silencer 610W EPS
CPU is a Intel quadcore 2.83GHz but the fan is a 29$ fan.. a ACF7PRO (Arctic Cooling ACFZ7Pro Freezer 7 Pro)
so I dont wanna overclock the CPU (would need a new CPU fan and maybe another Fan)

and ofcourse GVA is a ASUS EAH4870 512mb 256bit.

The GVA as its fan and is infront of the built-in door case fan.

so yeah. it(the GVA) runs at 50C (122 F) degrees when doing nothing and I wanna overclock it a bit . =/
Anyways to.. make it cooler and overclock safely?

-Shuh

Advertisements

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I heard of a fan Fix... where can i get it? because seems fan works at 20% cuz of issue... thats what they say..

Edit: Was tired of bugs so I installed Windows XP on an empty partition of the 1st HDD and so far I installed drivers and etc and it installed and runs better on all aspects than Vista. One of the reasons is that my GVA has issues with Vista. even if its a HD4870. vista has issues with ati stuff atm so heh. New drivers, etc. runs sweet.

I did the fan fix well.. i started it until i noticed it was already on manual and at 60. temp when running nothing was 48-50C still. but heh. went to 95. still same temp. so i set it at 75...

so.... i need to get a way to make this run cooler. guess ill need to add a fan or something. . .

Edit2: I found i didnt edit the right file because of X reasons.
Topic brought by this edit moved to a better section.
http://www.geekstogo...XP-t213301.html

Edited by Shuh, 30 September 2008 - 12:39 AM.