Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

From Vista to XP

• Please log in to reply

wynand85

wynand85

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hallo guys

I am totally bumed out. I have a toshiba P300-116 T2370 laptop.
I have a windows vista version on and installed xp also on it to make it a dual boot system.
My problem now is that I cant find my drivers for my ethernet card.
I also dont no exactly wich eternet card is in it....

Can somebody please let me know wich card it is and even beter tel me where I could download the drivers

Thanx for any help..
Wynand

Advertisements

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello wynand85 and welcome to Geeks To Go! I was wondering if you could go into the Device Manager while booted up in Vista and tell me the name of your Network Adapter(s) that is listed in there.

wynand85

wynand85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi

Thanx for the welkom wel I solved the ethernet problem now:)
Now the problem is my audio drivers...

I have the Intel® high definition audio hdmi and just can't fined the driver for xp
Could you help me with this then

Thanx again

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
What motherboard do you have? (that info can be found by accessing the Device Manager using the link in my earlier post)

wynand85

wynand85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I think it is a intel motherboard but I dont how you can see it in device manager it only says motherboard resourses or something like that...

This is really bad I can normally find anything on the web but not even my audio drivers

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I apologize about that, I kept your network card on my mind for some reason. The way that I get my system info on my older pc that is still running XP is by using a free tool called AIDA32. It will give you a lot of your systems specs. The reason that I ask about the motherboard is that I was looking at this Intel site that explained how to get the correct driver for your Intel® high definition audio as well as this information:

Note If you are using Microsoft Windows XP*, you may need to first install KB888111.exe, the Microsoft* UAA High Definition Audio Package version 1.0a.

I believe this will solve the issue.

wynand85

wynand85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok I wil check it out quickly

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
No hurry at all, I'll be here all night,....lol

Ok I wil check it out quickly

wynand85

wynand85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
This is what it says:

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID <DMI>
Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Satellite P300

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 231 MHz
Effective Clock 231 MHz
Bandwidth 1849 MB/s

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Okay, give me a few minutes while I look up that motherboard, I will be right back. :) (not as much info as I was hoping for but I am looking)

Edited by NexRad, 06 August 2009 - 03:30 PM.

Advertisements

wynand85

wynand85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok thanx very much but if I dont reply then I am in bed have a early day tomorow then I wil chek in with you tomorow again..
and again thank you very much for the effort

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I wasn't able to find much information through Toshiba so I would like to go ahead with the Hotfix specifically for Windows XP with the Intel® high definition audio. This is the link to the the Microsoft Hotfix request for the earlier mentioned KB888111.exe (the Microsoft* UAA High Definition Audio Package version 1.0a). On that page you will be asked to put a check mark in the box next to the Hotfix that you want, in this case please select Windows XP, then below it Microsoft asks for your email address and then follow the instructions for the verification box after that.

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
If everything goes okay on that page you will be taken to the confirmation page, mine said this:

Hotfix Confirmation
We will send these hotfixes to the following e-mail address:

Usually, our hotfix e-mail is delivered to you within five minutes. However, sometimes unforeseen issues in e-mail delivery systems may cause delays.

We will send the e-mail from the “[email protected]” e-mail account. If you use an e-mail filter or a SPAM blocker, we recommend that you add “[email protected]” or the “microsoft.com” domain to your safe senders list. (The safe senders list is also known as a whitelist or an approved senders list.) This will help prevent our e-mail from going into your junk e-mail folder or being automatically deleted.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Maybe I can lend a hand in getting the information you need NexRad

Wynand85 please follow the next steps and post the requested information for NexRad

Motherboard Info:

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished
Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on the Motherboard directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply

wynand85

wynand85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi guys

Well I tried the hotfix but I don't now what it must do but it didn't do anything looks like it...
So it didn't work to bad for me..

Cant't believe it can be that hard to do this there must be drivers somewhere for this..
Thanx for the help