Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is the best Windows Vista/Win7 Optimization program?

• Please log in to reply

techman1982

techman1982

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am looking for the best windows vista/win7 home premium optimization program that will fix/clean registry, possibly be an improved defragmenter, general system cleanup and any other optimizations available. thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is no such thing as a best registry cleaner. Avoid them like the plague. They will cause you more grief than the issues they claim to resolve. The only thing you need to worry about with the registry is that if it isn't there, the system won't boot. And you'll know about this long before you use any registry-cleanser.

Personally I think the optimisation programs that exist do nothing but cost you money and do a bunch of things you could do yourself for nothing on the back of a five minute Google.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

Just for a future not don't triple post on the same issue as these will get closed :)

http://www.geekstogo...am-t282127.html
http://www.geekstogo...am-t282125.html

techman1982

techman1982

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanx everyone for ur valuable suggestions.
I found a tool on Cnet. I used it for the same after reading reviews.
I am quite happy with that utility named Advanced System Optimizer. it has my tools integrated like System Cleaner, Privacy Cleaner, Registry Cleaner and Optimizer, Disk Defrager, Duplicate File Remover, Backup Manager, Disk Explorer, Data recovery tool like undelete and many more.
I m satisfied with all its modules as System, Privacy, Registry Cleaners and Data Managing tools as Duplicate File Remover, Backup Manager, Disk Explorer and Difrager.
I like its user friendly UI and functionality.:)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Good luck with Advanced System Optimizer. It will only work if you are VERY careful with it. Most users do not know how to use them.
We do not recommend them for that reason and because they generally do no good.
If used incorrectly, you will crash the computer.
We gave you our opinion. What you do with that is your choice.