Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why girls should dig geeks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CrAzY_J

CrAzY_J

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
In the wide world of dating, there are many options. Do you go for the flashy guy with the smooth smile, or the dude in the corner typing away on his laptop? The following are reasons why I think my fellow females should pay more attention to the quiet geeks and nerds, and less attention to the flashy boys.

1.) While geeks and nerds may be awkward, they’re well-meaning 9 out of 10 times. That smooth dude with the sly grin and the spider hands? Wonder what HIS intentions are... plus, I’ve never had a geek guy not call me when he said he would. Score major points THERE.

2.) They’re useful. In this tech-savvy world, it’s great to have a b/f who can make your laptop, desktop, and just about anything else that plugs into a wall behave itself.

3.) They’re more romantic than they’re given credit for. Ok true, their idea of romance might be to make up a spiffy web-page with all the reasons why they love you, with links to pics of you and sonnets and such... but hey. It lasts longer than flowers, plus you can show your friends.

4.) Due to their neglected status, there are plenty to choose from. You like ‘em tall and slender? There are plenty of geeks/nerds who are. You like ‘em smaller with more meat on their bones? Got that too.

5.) They’ve got brains. Come on now, how can intelligence be a bad thing?

6.) Most are quite good at remembering dates. Like birthdates and such, especially if they know it’ll make you happy. Due again to their neglected status, they’re more attentive than guys who “have more options”. Plus, with all that down time without a steady girlfriend, they’ll likely have mental lists of all the things they’d love to do once they GOT a girlfriend.

7.) Sex. Yep. Sex. I’m not really familiar with this myself, but I’ve friends who’ve been intimate with geek guys and it’s raves all around. They say a virgin wrote the Kama Sutra... all that time thinking about sex, imagining sex, dreaming about sex, (they are male after all) coupled with a desire to make you happy? Use your imagination.

8.) They’re relatively low-maintenance. Most can be fueled on pizza, Twinkies and Mt Dew. No complicated dinners needed here, so if you’re not the best cook, eh. Can you order a pizza?

9.) Most frequent bars as often as slugs frequent salt mines. You won’t have to worry much about your geek guy getting his “groove” on with club hotties because, frankly, he’ll be too busy rooting around under his computer wondering where that spare cable went. You won’t have to worry about him flirting with other women because, 9 out of 10 times, he’ll zip right by them in a perfect b-line towards the nearest electronics store. I’ve seen this happen.
Me: “Eww. Victoria Secret’s Models... They’re so skinny. How is that feminine? You can see her ribs!”<br>Geek Guy: “ooooooo...”<br>Me: “Hey!” *notices he is staring lustfully towards the computer store*
Geek Guy: “What?”<br>Me: “Never mind...”<br>
10.) Although he may not want to go to every outing with you, you can arrange swaps, as in, you’ll go to his Gamer Con dressed as an elf princess if he’ll take you to the ballet. Plus, if he doesn’t want to go someplace with you, you won’t have to worry much about what he’s up to. You’ll probably come home to find him asleep on his keyboard in a sea of Mt. Dew cans with code blinking from the screen. It’s ok. He’s used to this. Just toss a blanket over him and turn out the light.

11.) His friends aren’t jerks. I can’t stress this enough. You’ll more likely get “Omg! A GIRL!! Can I see?!” than “Hey hot stuff back that [bleep] up here and let me get some grub on...” They’re awkward geeks too and will, 9 times out of 10, treat you with the utmost respect and, more than likely, a note of awe. A cute girl picked one of their clan to date? It could happen to them! Hope! Drag some of your single girlfriends over, open up a pack of Mt. Dew, crack open the DnD set and get working. Nothing impresses geek guys more than a girl who can hack-n-slash (well ok maybe if she can code... a geek can dream).

12.) They’re rarely if ever possessive. They trust you, so you can be yourself around them. You like to walk around the house in a ratty t-shirt for comfort? He won’t care. He does too! They won’t get pissy if you don’t wear make-up or don’t want to bother primping your hair. If you gain a few pounds, they won’t try their best to make you feel like crap.

13.) They’re usually very well educated. Physics majors and the like. See #5. You won’t have to listen to him blathering on about his car (ok maybe a little), he’ll have loads of other interesting things to talk about. Politics, world events, how much the chicken burgers down at the local place rock, so long as you douse them in hot sauce...

14.) You’ll almost never have to hear, “Yaw dawg whazzap!!” plop out of their mouths. Unless it’s in jest. They spell properly, use correct punctuation, and are able to tell the difference between the toilet and the floor. They almost never get “wasted”, so you won’t have to worry about coming home to find him and his friends passed out on the floor amidst a pile of beer bottles. Mt. Dew cans, perhaps...

15.) And the final reason why geeks and nerds make great boyfriends: They actually give a [bleep] about you. Not how you look (though that’s a plus), not how skinny you are, not how much make-up you primp yourself up with, but they like you for you. That kind of thing lasts longer than “[bleep] baby you got a fine [bleep]!!!” Believe me.

Advertisements

errtzu

errtzu

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
;)
Reading this made me think ...

Have you watched the show: Beauty and the Geek that is airing right now ...

You address most of the points that show is some what trying to bring out ...

I dunno, just thought I'd throw that bit in :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....you know what they say..."if he's got a big hard drive ..."..ok so no one ever says that....but trends have to start somewhere right?

Anbo

Anbo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
A recent study showed that girls are going for geeks more, because we are more affectionate and don't have girls for sex. I'm actually only 13 and I'm a computer geek. I enjoy computers, networking, video games, etc. I've never been liked or asked out. Everyone goes for the non-intelligent pretty boy, and they never last. Lots of people don't know that I am, I guess I could say, a great date. I'm caring, smart, and not obsessed with sex. I mean, you're right, the geeks are smarter, more artistic, and have so much to give. My teacher once said that "Don't make fun of geeks, because you will work for them some day." That, my fellow geeks, is true. Those girls going on AIM to gossip... who made that possible? GEEKS. Who made the world so technological? GEEKS.

I personally dislike anyone who says "Oh, jeez you know that s**t? You're so lame." All those people who make fun of us are dumb idiots who will get nowhere.

The geeks are better for dating, and we are so much nicer, smarter, and caring.

Join the Anti-Anti-Geek Fight!

Thanks,

-(4nb0)-

yanowhiz

yanowhiz

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Actualy I got a great girlfriend and I think she hates geeks, because her brother is some computer manic, who is super intelligent and got a 34 on the ACT. However we love each other and we try to what we can for each other, however living 2 counties away makes it hard.

But I do like some of the points that makes, if only more girls at my school would read this maybe my friends would get dates, too.

Enzeru Rocker

Enzeru Rocker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I see nothing wrong with dating a geek. Neither does my friend, tha'ts pratically what she dated all the time. I have a few friends that are geeks. Just recently, one admitted having feelings for me, after three-years. However, we grew extremely close. He was being optimistic and wanted a chance with me. (Dating wise). I had grown pretty close to him. Three-years ago, we use to flirt around here and there. However, after awhile it stopped, since I was dating. However, we were just close friends. Well, after three-years I was availible(sp?). So, we just talked a lot and then he admits it. I'm thinking "Wow, I need to give this a shot". However, I slowly tried to. Just the fact of the matter is, I was his first, and he needs some time to mature in the romance department. (Not sexually.) Friendship seemed to out-weigh dating. So, we're friends now. However, dating a geek was an awesome experience. I don't necessarily, like to call them geeks, but I ran into many who loves being called one, so out of respect I say it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i think chick geeks are the best......glasses are hot..and they usually aren't so hung up on how they look.....and they usually kick [bleep] at programming

Geek_gal

Geek_gal

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

well....you know what they say..."if he's got a big hard drive ..."..ok so no one ever says that....but trends have to start somewhere right?

View Post

:tazz: ;)
I couldnt stop laughing when i read that...
I like that, i will try and start a trend for ya ;) :help:

And yeah Geeks are the best!
Lucky for me ive always been a geek and ive always been totally attracted to geek guys :yeah:

Thats so true too, geeks are the best for dating, all those points to put! :help:

:help: G.G

Edited by Geek_gal, 14 July 2005 - 08:10 AM.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Haha loved this post- keep them coming

To quote Bill Gates' 11th Rule of Life:

RULE 11
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for
one.

logan11

logan11

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
ive never had a problem with getting a date or having a girlfriend actually... im one of those kids who does computer on his spare time because he has nothing better to do at his house

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

i think chick geeks are the best......glasses are hot..and they usually aren't so hung up on how they look.....and they usually kick [bleep] at programming

View Post

hey, THANKS! :tazz: I don't know about the programming part, but I have the glasses and the geekiness down pat! ;)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*wrooorrrr*

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
haha yea I'm kinda of the half-breed. I played all the sports in high school but still acted like a geek and alot of my friends were the geeky kids that the popular ones didn't hang around. Still i am with all the geeks out there im tryin to find the gamer chick who likes all the computer stuff.

X_poison_girl_x

X_poison_girl_x

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I always thought geeks were cute but a lot of geeks at my highschool scare me sometimes..

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Well, I can't really call myself a geek. Although I enjoy computers I'm no geek. I just know some here and there. Mostly in the hardware part. but overall I have ton's of friends and we go skateboarding down the streets and hang out. I'm in High School *12TH Grade* and currently in a class for networking. Pretty easy to my point of view. most of the students slack off and not wanna learn and most just talk and some , DO THERE WORK. Anyways, I just know alittle here and there. Girls tend to go towards me and knowing who I really am though. I tend to get friends fast :tazz:

When my mom or... step dad has a problem on there computer I'm there to help. I recommend my programs on my sig. towards anyone. But my mom kinda lays off the programs cause she thinks they may mess the computer up :woot: . Ccleaner has been known to mess some and only few computers as so I've heard but I'm having no problem eversince I started using it.

Although I moved away from Alabama and moved to NC I'm liking it. I found a girl in School and we love each other. Kinda steping away from the computer abit but I'm here time to time. Enough said. I'm a half-and-half person. :)

Edited by Inu-Ya, 10 October 2005 - 07:24 PM.