Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win32, Windows reboots/crashes during scans [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kikster

kikster

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
My PC has been crashing at random times (whether someone is on it or not), sometimes when watching a dvd, whenever I run certain scans. It will not allow me to run OTL, or GMER.exe, etc. The only thing it allows me to run is MBAM, which never finds anything. For a while it was letting me run scans w/Ad-aware, Avast!, and SuperAntispyware, but not anymore. Avast never found anything, and SuperAntispyware would find tracking cookies, Ad-aware found a Win32 Trojan almost every time.

Online armour asks me every 3 minutes or so about running svchost.exe, and Aswrdr, and no matter how I answer, it asks again in a few minutes. I don't know if they are legit or not, so I block it most of the time. Once I allowed Aswrdr, assuming it had something to do with avast, and the computer crashed immediately, so idk whats up with it.

Sometimes it crashes as soon as I put a dvd in, it doesn't recognize most of my media players now. And, it doesn't accept the software for my camera anymore (which has been installed on this pc for years), I have to put the card in my son's camera and use his USB to get any pics from my camera. Idk if this has anything to do with the other stuff, just thought I'd mention it.

So my main question is, will I still be able to get support if I cannot even run OTL, or some of the other scans that logs are required for assistance? Or is there another scan I should try to run?

Edited by kikster, 20 March 2010 - 05:35 AM.

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
My name is SweetTech. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • Logs from malware removal programs (DDS is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
  • Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you.
    Reading too lightly will cause you to miss important steps, which could have destructive effects.
  • If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
  • Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
  • If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
  • Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file (only exception is for OTS logs). Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
  • I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together :)
    Because of this, you must reply within five days
    . I will post a reminder should you seem to fail to do this, however, if you fail to reply within two days then,
    unless I have been notified of your absence in advance, the topic shall be closed!
  • Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
  • Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
    Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.

Do you still require assistance in getting your computer cleaned up?

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.