Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2000 lost login password PLEASE HELP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

koffi

koffi

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have an XP and a Windows 2000 on my computer... Both have passwords to login... I forgot my windows 2000 password is there any way I can find the password or get around it... really dont wanna format , and i tried logging in as a Administrator ..that has a password aswell.. ANY help would be greatly apreaciated :tazz:

Advertisements

macz_g

macz_g

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Obvious place to start but simple works:

Do you remember setting an admin password when you first installed? If you did not set an admin password, windows default is NOTHING.

IF you are absolutely sure no admin password was set you can hit enter and it will log you in. If an admin password was set and you have forgotten it you will not get access.

WATCH OUT - if you enter the wrong pass 3 times it will lock up.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry....we can't ever be sure whether you are trying to get into a system you locked yourself out of or trying to get into a system someone else locked you out of....we cannot help you with password recovery due to the fact that we cannot be assured of ownership..sorry

koffi

koffi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I did set a password.. I just forgot it... I know there's a way , cause i was watching this show on TV about how the FBI stop cyber crime... and they said there is a way to login even if they dont know the password

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right...but because we don't know if you are being honest (not saying that you aren't just saying that we can't verify ownership) then we can't help you on this site...if we were to help you then the tasks for password recovery would become common knowledge and the next time someone comes to your house they could get your password...this is not a matter of it not being possible...it's a matter of it not being ethical over this forum

koffi

koffi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
aww well , thanks for the help anyways... btw do you know any evil :tazz: forums that can help me with this problem

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
none that wont send you back here for help getting rid of malware

koffi

koffi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ohh well...btw one more question... my other computer cant seem to read my hard drive... when I boot up it cant detect it, BIOS settings are on defult and the drive is connected correctly , never played with any of the wires in there.. Im thinking of buying a new one .. this one I have now is a 40gig maxtor hard drive

dr.huynh

dr.huynh

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Removed

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
We will not help you break into a computer. We have no way of knowing over the internet if you own the computer or not, so we cannot and will not help. Any one caught giving this kind of advice here at GTG is subject to being banned.

Thread closed.

ScHwErV :tazz: