Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger Runtime Error...

• Please log in to reply

Kath_J

Kath_J

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello people I have been directed to your site through a friend

I am having problems with a runtime error with Yahoo Messenger. Every time I try to start it up, I get the following messeage...

Posted Image

I have googled the problem and I have seen quite a few other instances of it, however I have been unable to solve it.

I have tried un and reinstalling it many times, I have tried installing different versions, I have also tried installing the program onto a different drive, all to no avail

I eventually decided to scrap using Yahoo Messenger and to start using MSN. To my dismay, after installing MSN, the same error message occured.

If any1 could please help me out with the problem it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Deleted ...Hi Mscorees.dll, welcome to G2G.

This is most likely caused by a malware (virus) on your computer. Read through this area: Cleanup Your System.

This takes care of the many of the problems without further action by the Malware Gurus on this site.

If this doesn't do it, post a HijackThis log here: Malware Removal Forum.

Make sure you read the You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log article before posting.

Please be patient, this is a very active anti-malware site and the malware removal experts are extremely busy. It can take 1 to 3 days for them to get to you.

Edited by Ztruker, 19 February 2008 - 04:44 PM.

Kath_J

Kath_J

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Ztruker, thankyou for the reply, I have had a little trouble with my ISP, but I am back online now and I am going to go throught the cleanup process as recommended :)

Kath_J

Kath_J

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok, I have gone through all the cleanup process, and unfortunately my problem is still occuring. I have posted my hijackthis and uninstall log in the malware removal section... http://www.geekstogo...ts-t188750.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Kath

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Kath. Took a quick look at your HJT log and there is definitely some malware present. Now all you need is some patience :) until one of the guru's can look at it.

Good luck and please post back here after you get a clean bill of health if there are any more questions or problems.

Kath_J

Kath_J

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Ztruker thanks again for the help & advice, much appreciated

Kath