Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Email

• Please log in to reply

bartenders35

bartenders35

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi Marine,

Thanks for your feedback! :)

At the MO, I am still using IE 6.0 and the situation is not changed.
I am not ready yet to use Firefox. Reading through the forum, I see that Firefox is not the ideal browser either, although some users benefit from Mozilla.

Anyways, first things first.........so if you know or discover an alternative to our Yahoo! problem, PLEASE, SHOUT out loud, so we can all cheers :tazz:

For now I remain with......... ;) ;) :)

Thanks, B

BTW, YaNoo!!! responded and there CS was not able to understand my problem, so I outlined and waiting anxiously

Advertisements

bartenders35

bartenders35

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
HI Marine, maymay, all.

I have some good news. No, excellent news.
Here's the scoop.
Having had similar problems with Yahoo!, I sought help here, talked to friends and emailed Yahoo!
Sorry for posting this problem also somewhere else on this forum

So, messing around myself due to interest, I updated my virusdefinitions.
Check! Scanned and BOOOM..some bloodhound thing appeared really from Nowhere. Rebooted my PC.
Scanned again and BLOODHOUND.EXPLOIT.6 was still in da house! ;)

Went from START to ALL PROGRAMS, then clicked on MS update.
For some reason it did NOT work at first.
After a few times shutting down ( when I leave home) and starting again, I noticed that MS was updating. Did not realize at first SP2 was quite a chunk to download.

SO! done that and rebooted. Scanned with updated Norton ===> Clean!
RIGHT away logged into Yahoo! ===> YESSSSS all works fine!

Since I don't trust all these systems and updates nor....MYSELF :tazz: , rebooted again and again....and ALL seems to work fine!

In my opinion (majorgeek here) it's not the browser, but the OS, supporting the browser. So IE or Firefox, sure needs an update, but first MS needs the update and a GOOD ONE TOO! Advise offered about Active X is in the right direction, so....
Anyone who knows a website to learn more about Active X and its settings, will be much appreciated.
Anyways, HOPE this helps other geeks.

Special thanks to Marinegeek59, who offered his help.

Thanks again all,
Good luck, ;)
B

seekerpk

seekerpk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys... i am having the same problem.... A message appeared to enable java with another option to switch to old version of yahoo..... unlukyly i clicked it.... and now my yahoo mail and its sub-pages are like i am using a stoneage yahoo mail.... Please inform me if got any solution from anywhere......thanks.

My email is [email protected].

Ziaulhaq