Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant install call of duty 2

• Please log in to reply

uturn

uturn

• Pip
  • 5 posts
tryed to reinstall call of duty 2 after system recovery and i get this fatal error "couldnt find library MSVCR80.DLL" forgive me if i didnt put in right catagory or some otheir mistake new to forums :whistling:

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello uturn and welcome to G2G!

Have you tried downloading the file from one of the various dll download sites that there are?
have you installed .NET 2.0?

uturn

uturn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have netframe 1.1 & 2.0 And as far as dll download sites, I tried one so far and through my own ignorance couldnt get file to work

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Download it from here > http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?msvcr80

Copy file to %windir%\System32

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 26 April 2006 - 07:20 AM.

uturn

uturn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
OK this is getting weird I tried to copy to that location and it seemed to work. Then I search for the dll and found it where I coppied it to but still get same error not sure whats happening. It says its an application extension is this correct?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Application extension is correct.

Try reinstalling .NET

uturn

uturn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok didnt work but here is they exact error message as it appears to me no sooner than i hit the install button "" Executable 'd:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe'had the following unrecoverable error: Couldnt find library MSVCR80.dll(required by c:\PROGRA~1\WINDOW~4\MpShHook.dll) Please ensure that it is installed "" And ty for the help so far hopefully i can fix or turn controll of my computer to somebody who can??

uturn

uturn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I rebotted system again and then it allowed me to install but now it wont let me play single player same error im lost was there for install or search but not there for single player someone please help

Benchwarmer969

Benchwarmer969

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
We do not allow game cracks to be posted. Please see our Terms of Service.

Thanks,
Starjax

Edited by starjax, 26 June 2007 - 11:02 AM.

voodooace

voodooace

• Pip
  • 1 posts
guys....i found a easy solution for this problem...it works for me...
i've the same problem as you all, i've tired removing .net framework 1.1 2.0 or so...nothing happened, i've downloaded msvcr80.dll and put into system32 nothing happened too....

Solution for me....
When you have auto-run CoD2, keep on pressing install button....ignore those error message keep on trying, and then i susccessed to install it.....hope this can help you lol

Advertisements

Kilum

Kilum

• Pip
  • 1 posts

guys....i found a easy solution for this problem...it works for me...
i've the same problem as you all, i've tired removing .net framework 1.1 2.0 or so...nothing happened, i've downloaded msvcr80.dll and put into system32 nothing happened too....

Solution for me....
When you have auto-run CoD2, keep on pressing install button....ignore those error message keep on trying, and then i susccessed to install it.....hope this can help you lol

I know this is an old thread, and by me posting it might revive an old topic. But the solution in quote fixed my problem! Thank you sooooo much!

Such a simple fix for what seems to be such a complicated problem. I hope this fix will help others looking to revive their old CoD2 playing days like it did mine!

NJdevilsfan020

NJdevilsfan020

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have that same problem but it wont even show the install button it just shows the error

any help ????

-SHAKA-

-SHAKA-

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Easy, easy fix.....

Insert CoD2 disc 1
click off error msg
c:
RIGHT CLICK on the CoD2 drive icon
LEFT CLICK Open
DOUBLE CLICK Setup

voila

I was getting some b.s. message about the .dll not being found in MS Office. Whatever.....

elvis95

elvis95

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Yes, you are right i found that out to, but still cod2 doesnt work that well. Singleplayer and Multiplayer bouth have great lagg:(
how can i fix that? already tried re-install

Easy, easy fix.....

Insert CoD2 disc 1
click off error msg
c:
RIGHT CLICK on the CoD2 drive icon
LEFT CLICK Open
DOUBLE CLICK Setup

voila

I was getting some b.s. message about the .dll not being found in MS Office. Whatever.....

EdLiebau

EdLiebau

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So this thread been going for years, but since there's a recent post, this looks like a good place to post my COD2 problem.

I just bought COD2 new from Amazon after loving the demos. Tried installing the game and get error messages like crazy. Clicking through them like explained on other threads, it starts installing disc #1. It asks for disc #2 and then freezes. I've tried running the install as an administrator and I get a whole new set of error messages.

I've got an HP 6720 with an AMD Phenom 840T Processor (2.90GHz), 6GB of RAM and am running Windows 7 (64-bit)

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
Ed