Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer running very sluggish(30secs-1min per action) [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

yamalow

yamalow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
yes.
why is it that when i have control manager open it does it less frequently and for less time.

Advertisements

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello yamalow,
Not sure on that.

Do you still have Malwarebytes running on your computer?

Edited by Jimmy2012, 14 April 2009 - 09:56 PM.

yamalow

yamalow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
nope i have nothing right now because i try to download avg or avira and it freezes.

yamalow

yamalow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
i think i may have an idea.
The problem is that when i open a process it does not get any memory to run it. The highest percentage ive seen is 1. I think it was this because when i began to install a program it was installing the fuiles, but files that normally fly by were going one at a time slow. I was useing auslogic boost speedbefore all this happened and I remember one of the things was a memory optimizer. I uninstalled boostspeed, but i think this may be the problem.

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Hello yamalow,
If that is all the memory it is using, then that should be the problem. I recommend that you start a new topic in the XP forum and tell them the problem you are having with the speed of your computer (including the memory problem) and someone there should be able to help you fix it. :)

Jimmy2012

Jimmy2012

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 6,238 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.