View other files from this member
- Submitted: Jan 11 2016 10:34 AM
- Last Updated: Jan 11 2016 10:41 AM
- File Size: 103KB
- Views: 7738
- Downloads: 831
Download Remediate VBS Worm 6.0.0
jenxcus dinihu houdini bladabindi autorun worm vbs malware
You can use this to remedy the following malware:
- Autorun worms
- Any other VBS (VBScript) or VBE malware
- Any other malware that abuses the WSH (Windows Script Host)
You should run the script in the following sequence, at least on a normal machine:
Plug in your infected USB (if any) and choose A, then B and afterwards C.
After these steps, perform a full scan with your installed antivirus product or perform an online scan.
Some tips and tricks:
- Using option A, the tool will attempt to clean the infection. It will also fix any registry changes made by the malware. (for example it will re-enable Task Manager should it be disabled).
- ! When you use option B, be sure to type only the letter of your USB drive!
So if you have a USB drive named G:\, you should only type G
This option will eradicate any related malware on the USB drive, as well as unhide your files (make them visible again).
- With option C you can download Panda USB Vaccine to prevent any other autorun malware entering your computer.
- With option D you have the possibility to disable or re-enable the Windows Script Host (WSH), to prevent any malware abusing it.
- I advise to end the script with Q as to ensure proper logfile closing. A logfile will open automatically, but is also created by default on the C:\ drive. (C:\Rem-VBS.log)
- When the tool is running, do not use the machine for anything else.
(it takes about 30 seconds to run)
- If VBS malware is found, it will be automatically removed and a copy will be placed at C:\Rem-VBSqt.
- Accidentally used an option and want to exit the script? Use CTRL + C to stop it.
More information can be found on my blog post:
What's New in Version 6.0.0 (See full changelog)
- 23/12/2015 - version 6.0.0:
- ADDED: logging of USB device ID
- CHANGED: Panda USB vaccine download (now on BleepingComputer)
- IMPROVED: log output is now completely streamlined and cleaned
- IMPROVED: disabling of WSH on Windows XP (option D)
- IMPROVED: scanning time (option A)
- IMPROVED: detection of certain autorun/VBS worms
- 67 Total Files
- 4 Total Categories
- 29 Total Authors
- 3,134,895 Total Downloads
- FRST - Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Latest File
- farbar Latest Submitter
21 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users