Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NFS:ProStreet

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Need for Speed: ProStreet
http://www.ea.com/pr...le_selector.jsp

I've heard plenty of negative thoughts about the game, mainly revolving around the controls and the fact that it isn't on the streets.

To be honest, I think it's about time that the game went back to the track, I'm personally not keen on Cop Chases and such, I prefer to just race. I also find traffic rather annoying, so track style play with nothing but control and speed sounds perfect!

I'm interested to see what people think, and if anyone has played it yet. It's currently on it's way to me, was posted today by Play.com, but I'm guessing that due to they Christmas rush, it may take more than "3-5 days for delivery".

So, what are your views on the dramatic change to the game?

Many of the new features look great! Such as, a far more detailed tuning screen, involving fully customizable body kits and a wind tunnel, and a far more advanced Drag race style, with burnouts and extra points etc etc. There are also far more advanced graphics which I have only seen in one other racing game as of yet, and many more cars, many of which I really like. Plus, a very attractive internet-based part of the game, you can share tracks, car blueprints and 'race days' with friends, as well as chatting and sharing play times etc.

Posted Image

Edited by tiroshii, 20 December 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I think the cars look rather junky, don't you think?

I liked Need For Speed Most Wanted, because there cars were nice looking. Instead of a bunch of scrapes and dings.

Also you have to have a really hefty video card, I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 256 MB and it was just scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as graphics go...

Well, that's just my viewpoint, some other people might like it but I personally don't...

-AgentMES

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I only used to play the original NFS games, so I haven't had anything to do with them for a while. Recently my mate bought the demo over of this game and I wasn't too impressed either :)

I'm currently playing Colin McRae: DiRT and I absolutely love it :)

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

I think the cars look rather junky, don't you think?

I liked Need For Speed Most Wanted, because there cars were nice looking. Instead of a bunch of scrapes and dings.

Also you have to have a really hefty video card, I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5600 256 MB and it was just scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as graphics go...

Well, that's just my viewpoint, some other people might like it but I personally don't...

-AgentMES

Hmm... I have a ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. (256MB) so I may experience some problems I guess...

I only used to play the original NFS games, so I haven't had anything to do with them for a while. Recently my mate bought the demo over of this game and I wasn't too impressed either :)

Played that game at a friends house, amazing. Will get it after Christmas.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Colin McRae: DiRT? Hmm... :) Never heard of it. I'll have to look into it.

-AgentMES

P.S. Tiroshii said: Hmm... I have a ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. (256MB) so I may experience some problems I guess...

And I say: You most likely would have graphics problems. :)

-AgentMES

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Colin McRae: DiRT? Hmm... :) Never heard of it. I'll have to look into it.

-AgentMES

P.S. Tiroshii said: Hmm... I have a ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro. (256MB) so I may experience some problems I guess...

And I say: You most likely would have graphics problems. :)

-AgentMES

I'll just turn the settings down then ^_^

You haven't heard of Colin Macrae DiRT?! Oh dear... You REALLY need to play it :)

Very good, and the graphics are amazing.

Edited by tiroshii, 21 December 2007 - 01:15 PM.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Like I said, I'll look into it... And I've got a game to recommend: Splinter cell chaos theory it's COOL!

-AgentMES

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hey, I looked into "Colin McRae: DiRT". Here's my view: 1. The cars and graphics look great. 2. I don't have a PS3 or Xbox. 3.Who in the world would take a sports car off-road??? 4. I like nice new cars, not muddy dirty cars.

:)

-AgentMES

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Hey, I looked into "Colin McRae: DiRT". Here's my view: 1. The cars and graphics look great. 2. I don't have a PS3 or Xbox. 3.Who in the world would take a sports car off-road??? 4. I like nice new cars, not muddy dirty cars.

:)

-AgentMES

I doubt many people who play it have a PS3 or Xbox...

We all play it on PC.

And who would take sports cars off-road? Rally drivers - they are all real rally cars.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I run DiRT on my Vista box, graphics are fantastic with my 8800GT card :)

Rally is rally, and DiRT has the lot - traditional rally, hill-climbs, buggies, trucks, circuits... I like the traditional rallies the best, but all the other stuff is good too, a bit of variety to break it up. I also like how you can fully setup each vehicle, as well as purchase new vehicles and liveries for each...

Q3: Who wouldn't? What's the point of having a sports car if you don't use it?
Q4: Then clean it after each run, it does it automatically for you unless there's two tracks in the one section, then you have the option to clean...

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Hmm... I would have graphics problems since I only have a GeForce FX 5600 :\

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

I run DiRT on my Vista box, graphics are fantastic with my 8800GT card :)

Rally is rally, and DiRT has the lot - traditional rally, hill-climbs, buggies, trucks, circuits... I like the traditional rallies the best, but all the other stuff is good too, a bit of variety to break it up. I also like how you can fully setup each vehicle, as well as purchase new vehicles and liveries for each...

Q3: Who wouldn't? What's the point of having a sports car if you don't use it?
Q4: Then clean it after each run, it does it automatically for you unless there's two tracks in the one section, then you have the option to clean...

Amen to that, racing is the purpose of sports cars...

Also, what's the big deal with cleaning the car? It's rally, cars are supposed to be dirty.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
I thought sports cars are for racing on race tracks, not dirt and mud...

Anyway it's alright.

-AgentMES

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

I thought sports cars are for racing on race tracks, not dirt and mud...

Anyway it's alright.

-AgentMES

Rally is a motor sport, which is, obviously, a sport. Therefore, sports cars are the logical choice for rally.

Edited by tiroshii, 23 December 2007 - 04:36 PM.