Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Announcement: START HERE: Application Questions and Instructions Posted by admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

If you haven't done so already, read the introduction to GeekU.
Start a New Topic in this forum (you must first join and be logged in). Please include your display name in the title (i.e. Appplication - admin).
Copy and paste the questions below into your post, and answer each:

Read through all these questions carefully before replying.

About You

• Who are you? Just a short introduction, no personal information required
  • What age group are you in:

Under 18

18 -24

25 - 34

35 - 55

Over 55

• Where are you geographically located ?
  • Please list all Internet forums connected with Malware, Hacking, PC or IT help, Security or similar that you are or have been a member of. Also list the username or usernames you have used on each forum. Answer none if this question does not apply.
  • What do you like to do in your spare time?
  • How much time per week could you dedicate to GeekU?
  • How did you learn about GeekU?
  • Are you enrolled in any other malware schools? If so, list them.

Your Technical knowledge
Have you had any formal or informal IT, Malware or similar training?
How do you rate your knowledge of Microsoft Windows?
  • I can use a mouse and keyboard and run programs
  • I have a basic knowledge of the Windows Operating System (can troubleshoot simple problems)
  • I have an intermediate knowledge of the Windows Operating System (create batch files and work beneath the Windows O/S)
  • I have an advanced knowledge of the Windows Operating System (work with complex scripts, PowerShell, registry)
Pick ONE of the following scenarios. Your response should be at least 2 paragraphs long (please not more than five). If you're having trouble, use a search engine (Bing, Google, Yahoo) to help with some ideas, but don't copy/paste.
  • A user creates a new topic asking for advice on which security programs to use on their computer. What would your advice to them be?
  • A mother is concerned about her 8 year old daughter's safety online and is wondering if there is anything she can do to protect her from the 'adult' side of the web. What would your suggestions be?
  • A friend of yours has never been on the internet and asks you to explain it to them. How would you introduce them to the internet?
:idea: We are looking for good, clear, well-formatted responses. Do not just cut and paste this entire post and add bits in.

:idea: Take the time to check your spelling and layout

You will receive a reply here, and a personal message when your application is approved or denied (along with email notifications). All applications are thoroughly reviewed, and often take a couple of weeks to receive a reply.
NOTE: In this special forum you are only permitted to see topics that you've created. Your application will not be visible to others, with the exception of Geeks to Go admins and teachers.

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP