Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gfx card probs

• Please log in to reply

Relemar

Relemar

• PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I run a two year old NVIDIA Geforce 7900GS and play two games, San andreas Multiplayer and Counter-Strike: Source.

In ALL games the game completely messes up and it is black, the textures stretch, trees become magically high the display messes up, finger nails become long. The screen flickers black and FPS drop to around 10, it's completely impossible to play.

The graphics card is fine in Windows, although when I first boot up at the top of my screen there is a few lines going across (white lines)

Is it my gfx card or my monitor? The cable between the PC and the Monitor is faulty, but i don't really care. Just wanna play game.

The flickering etc doesn't happen all the time just sometimes, the grasphics card is NOT overheating and is clean of dirt.

Image:
Posted Image

hope someone can help me, thank you very much.

ALL DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE BY THE WAY, SO IS DIRECTX9.

Advertisements

Grandad Phillip

Grandad Phillip

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Quote "The cable between the PC and the Monitor is faulty, but i don't really care. Just wanna play game."

No point looking elsewhere for the cause of the problem till you either fix the cable or get a new one, cos that may well be it.
If it's a non-renewable cable like on many old crt monitors, you'll have to buy a new monitor. But whatever you decide, it's
no good trying to find a cause of your problem when it could be something you are already aware of.

Relemar

Relemar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I don't know if it is that, and Im not paying money if I don't know it is ultimately that.