Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

if i restore my system to factory setting will it remove viruses

• Please log in to reply

gregjack

gregjack

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a trojan on my system and i cant get any virus protection to download and if it does d-load it cuts the process off as soon as i start a scan...i have tried norton . AVG.superantispyware,malwarebytes,and so on and so on and also tried to run the securety scan from microsoft web site and that just lockes the whole system down and i had to go to a restore piont to beable to even get on the internet but still wont d-load any protection i get an error message saying that i may have inapprotiate permission to access the files ....i did however run an online scan from norton and it says that i have a trojan in \windows\syssvc.284E4C4f.pf. it doenst list the name or anything just says a trojan .i was wondering if i did a total system restore back to factory settings would it remove the virus ........PLEASE HELP ME ...i have lost enough of my hair without pulling out the rest lol its a XP os

Edited by gregjack, 05 March 2010 - 08:32 PM.

Advertisements

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Move to the Malware Forum!

Please read the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and follow the instructions thoroughly, starting at the top...

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTL log in the MALWARE forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, please return to this thread.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just so the instructions are complete I am including them as it tells you what to do in case you can't run any of the required programs.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Oh, oops :)

I'll be stealing that canned :) :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Oh, oops :)

I'll be stealing that canned :) :)

:)