Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nobody Knows?

• Please log in to reply

headhunterjoe

headhunterjoe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
<_< Every time I open a browser from a link it opens in a 1x1 box that I have to manually maximize. I have tried dragging the window box, no dice. It started about a week ago. Any way to fix????

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome headhunterjoe <_<

Have you upgraded to IE 6.0? Usually, this was a problem when using 5.0.

Editing the registry can cause very serious problems, if not done correctly. Before you begin create a registry backup.

Next, Close all instances of Internet Explorer
Start the Registry Editor (Start-> Run -> type Regedit)
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Main
Delete the value Window_Placement
Exit the Registry Editor

If you're not comfortable with editing the registry, this alternate method often works.

Open a new window. Grab the corner of this small browser window with your mouse and stretch it to the size you want. If you want windows to open full screen you have to stretch it as far as possible with the corners. DO NOT use the maximize button.

Once you have this window stretched to the size you want.. Click the X to close it.

This new size should be remembered for all new windows.