Hello, I followed your instructions as you showed in your last email. After I use partition Magic, I have the following settings on Disk 2 (these are the settings shown from PM): Partition Type Size (MB) Used (MB) Unused Status Pri/Log Local Disk (F) Fat32 12,9665 12.7 12,953.8 None Primary (*) Extended 1,435.5 1,435.5 1,435.5 None Primary Local Disk (G) FAT32 1,435.5 11.1 1,424.3 None Logical I tried the next step of coping system files to the format menu, but there is no option for that. It only has a window that has a option to select, "Capacity" (which I have 12.6 GB), "File System" (which I have FAT32), "Allocation unit Size" (which I have Default allocation size), "Volume Label" (which I left blank) and there are check boxes for Quick Format, Enable Compression, and Create a MS-DOS startup disk. Since there is no option to copy system files, I left this blank. I then went and copied the I386 folder and the files in the root from my XP disk to the G drive. I then installed the hard drive into the laptop, inserted the boot disk, got to the a prompt and typed: cd d:\i386 winnt (Note: I can also cd to the c drive. The computer recoginizes it, and there is nothing on it) The installation process begins and it tells me that it is installing the files to my hard drive. (Afterwards, I find out that it is installing the files to the C drive not the D drive). Once it is completed, it asks me to press enter to reboot the computer and to take out any disk in the A drive. I do this. The computer screen then goes black with the message: "No Operating System Found". I have went through the procedure twice and I get the same result. Do you think I am going to have to try and find a Windows98 CD and install from it? Thanks again for your help.