Problem:I have been having a problem with the picture package software since the beginning of the month. It has been causing the bsod on my pc during shutdown and restart. I have vivited several web forums and have found that there are a lot of people starting to....have this problem Matthew. > Hi Ken. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I’m Matthew. Please allow me a brief moment to review your question. Ken Kaley > have this problem Matthew. > Ken, can you please rephrase the issue so that i can assist you better? Ken Kaley > the picture package software that came with the handycam is causing a error on my pc, along with several other people I have spoken too Matthew. > Ken, Thanks for the detail information and I will be glad to assist you on this issue. Matthew. > Ken, What operating system are you using in the computer? Ken Kaley > xp pro Matthew. > When you install the software in the computer what error message do you get?Ken. Ken Kaley > 0x0000000a at restart and shutdown only Matthew. > Ken, are you able to connect the camera even though there is and error or you are not able to connect the camera? Ken Kaley > Don't know, I have formatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything except picture package Matthew. > Okay thanks for the information. Ken Kaley > seems to be a problem with a windows update, conflict in memory IRQ I believe Matthew. > Ken, I would forward a link how to resove this type of issue in the Window XP.Would that be alright? Ken Kaley > sure Matthew. > http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/autoresponsev4.asp?id=129395 Matthew. > When you receive the link please click on it to open the page and let me know if you are able to view it. Ken Kaley > yes I can view it Matthew. > Please go to the link and I will be more than glad to assist you if you have any other issue. Matthew. > Are you able to take it from here? Ken Kaley > I still don't think that will resolve the problem. I have tried almost everything mentioned on this page Ken Kaley > I have talked to others who had the same problem and as soon as they removed the software their bsod went away Matthew. > Ken, there may be some software that conflict with the sony software. Matthew. > Please uninstall the third party software or hardware that conflict with the sony software. Ken Kaley > I have no idea what the conflict was, I think sony should look into this problem! I know they are pretty stingy with their software trying to charge customers $62 for the software that only works on a handycam Matthew. > Ken, please go to the link" LAST UNKNOWN CONFIGURATION" and follow the steps as it is mention in the page. Ken Kaley > Have already done that! same problem Ken Kaley > so have the others Ken Kaley > We have been trying to figure this problem out for 3 weeks now Matthew. > If this error is caused by newly installed hardware or updated third-party drivers, contact the manufacturer of the hardware or software for additional assistance,Ken Ken Kaley > It's not, nothing else was installed recently! It's the picture package software! Ken Kaley > Please forwards this to the software team Matthew. > Ken, I will give you a second level of support so that they can assist you better.Would that be alright? Ken Kaley > yes Ken Kaley > thank you Matthew. > Ken,the issues you describe can be effectively handled via Phone. Please contact our Customer Information Service Center by phone. This will allow our telephone technicians to diagnose your issue further. They may be reached at the following: (800) 222-7669. Matthew. > Is there anything I may assist you with today? Ken Kaley > no, thank you Matthew. > Ken,It's my pleasure to chat with you today,and if you have any other issue please feel free to contact us again I will be more than glad to assist you further. Matthew. > Have a great day. Take care,bye. Matthew. > Analyst has closed chat and left the room