Setting up Intel(R) PRO/1000 Drivers for RIS Installation ====================================================== To set up network drivers for RIS installation, you must copy files from the Intel(R) PRO Network Connections Software CD to the RIS image [IMAGE_ROOT]. Follow the directions for your operating system. Microsoft* Windows* 2000 ======================== 1. Create an [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory if one does not already exist. 2. Copy all files from the PRO1000\Win32 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory. 3. Make the following changes to the .SIF file that is used for this image installation (located in the [IMAGE_ROOT]\I386\Templates directory): [Unattended] OemPreinstall = yes OemPnpDriversPath = \Drivers\Nic 4. Copy all .SYS files from PRO1000\Win32 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\i386 directory. Do NOT copy the INF files to this directory. 5. Extract the .INF files from PRO1000\Win32\RIS_INF\E1000NT5.ZIP and E1E5032.ZIP to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\i386 directory. 6. Restart the Boot Information Negotiation Layer service. 7. Follow the rest of the Microsoft instructions for adding a new network driver to the RIS installation. Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft* Windows Server* 2003 (32-bit) ================================================================== 1. Create an [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory if one does not already exist. 2. Copy all files from the PRO1000\Win32 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory. 3. Make the following changes to the .SIF file that is used for this image installation (located in the [IMAGE_ROOT]\I386\Templates directory): [Unattended] OemPreinstall = yes OemPnpDriversPath = \Drivers\Nic 4. Copy all .SYS files from PRO1000\Win32 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\i386 directory. Do NOT copy the INF files to this directory. 5. Extract the .INF files from PRO1000\Win32\RIS_INF\E1000325.ZIP and E1E5132.zip to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\i386 directory. 6. Restart the Remote Installation Service. 7. Follow the rest of the Microsoft instructions for adding a new network driver to the RIS installation. Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition and Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-bit Edition ============================================= 1. Create an [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory if one does not already exist. 2. Copy all files from the PRO1000\Win64 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory. 3. Make the following changes to the .SIF file that is used for this image installation (located in the [IMAGE_ROOT]\ia64\Templates directory): [Unattended] OemPreinstall = yes OemPnpDriversPath = \Drivers\Nic 4. Copy all .SYS files from the PRO1000\Win64 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\ia64 directory. Do NOT copy the INF files to this directory. 5. Extract the .INF file from PRO1000\Win64\RIS_INF\E1000645.ZIP to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\ia64 directory. 6. Restart the Remote Installation Service. 7. Follow the rest of the Microsoft instructions for adding a new network driver to the RIS installation. Microsoft Windows XP x64 and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 ============================================================== 1. Create an [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory if one does not already exist. 2. Copy all files from the PRO1000\Winx64 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC directory. 3. Make the following changes to the .SIF file that is used for this image installation (located in the [IMAGE_ROOT]\amd64\Templates directory): [Unattended] OemPreinstall = yes OemPnpDriversPath = \Drivers\Nic 4. Copy all .SYS files from the PRO1000\Winx64 directory to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\amd64 directory. Do NOT copy the INF files to this directory. 5. Extract the .INF files from PRO1000\Winx64\RIS_INF\E1G5132E.ZIP and E1E5132E.zip to the [IMAGE_ROOT]\amd64 directory. 6. Restart the Remote Installation Service. 7. Follow the rest of the Microsoft instructions for adding a new network driver to the RIS installation. Copyright (C) 2006 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Intel is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. * Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.