Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Apr 10 2009 04:15 PM
  • Last Updated: Sep 06 2009 02:31 PM
  • File Size: 21KB
  • Views: 59064
  • Downloads: 22,726

Download SysRestorePoint

- - - - -

Screenshots
Single Click System Restore Point by Doug Knox.

Usage: Download SysRestorePoit.exe and save this file to your hard drive. Double click to run, it will leave a dialog telling you whether or not the Restore Point was successfully created.

NOTE: If you get an error because you don't have .NET Framework, you can get it free from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

This appears to be an exe, rather than "xp_sysrestorepoint.vbs" as described.

It is rather misleading.
Thanks, I updated the description.
appears comment like this:
To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the.NET Framework:v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework
Weird ... I ran the program, and a dialog popped up saying the system restore "Failed!"
I dismissed that dialog, and another window was underneath it saying system restore point "succeeded." (And gave a name for it.)
Then the latter window counted down a few seconds and disappeared.

So... did it succeed or fail?

Turns out, I happen to have System Restored turned off on all drives (Windows XP). I guess that's why it failed. Would be nice if the program didn't say it succeeded if it really didn't.

For bonus points, would be nice if it told me that it failed because I have System Restore turned off. (If that's the case.)
I'm getting a "fail to initialize" message and a long code number 0XC0000135.... any suggestions?
after download and launching i get a popup that says this link needs to be opened with an application and then asks me to chose which app? it gives a browse option but i have no idea what i app i need to use to run this.....
When I downloaded and went to run this application it says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click ok the terminate the application.
My computer is really messed up =/ Not sure what all I have but its a lot. Maybe this is interfering with your program?

Sorry for causing problems, please let me know if I can fix this so I am able to complete the cleaning guide and ask for more help xD

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the.NET Framework:v2.0.50727
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

I am having this same problem. Suggestions?
I am being told to install .NET Framework:v2.050727 - where would I get that?

Random Files

4 user(s) are online (in the past 120 minutes)

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP