Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Feb 23 2007 11:37 AM
  • Last Updated: Apr 22 2011 02:54 PM
  • File Size: Unknown
  • Views: 201154
  • Downloads: 48,816

Download Deckard's System Scanner (formerly Comboscan)

* * * * - 1 Votes

Screenshots
THIS FILE HAS BEEN REMOVED

WARNING: Deckard's System Scanner interacts with a specific rootkit (tdssserv) in a way that may make your system unusable (altering the svchost netsvcs registry entry). This download link has been removed until a fix is released by Deckard. The software is no longer maintained by it's author. For your own protection, please do not attempt to download this file from other sites.

08/17/2008

Your Geeks to Go admin team

Regarding Deskard Scanner, I had two problems happen when I ran the file. First, my system clock didn't reappear for quite some time and when it did it was set to military time with no A.M. or P.M., etc. Not really a big deal except my registry scanner now thinks I havent run it in 65 days(lol). The other problem tho I have not resolved. The scanner moved four of my downloaded program files to a backup folder. I tried to copy the folders back to Windows and I cannot copy or move them. Anyone know how I can restore them? I use and need these particular files and windows is reporting the associated programs as damaged. I guess if I have to I can redownload and reinstall, but it would be easier to find a way to restore the files from Deskard's folder. Suggestions?
http://deckard.geekstogo.com/dss.htm

Deckard's System Scanner interacts with a specific rootkit (tdssserv) in a way that may make your system unusable (altering the svchost netsvcs registry entry). This download link has been removed until a fix is released by Deckard. For your own protection, please do not attempt to download this tool from other sites.

08/17/2008

Your Geeks to Go admin team

Is there no update?

Since it's made using AutoIt3, can't someone just get the au3 file, and release it as open source?

If the author could kindly contact me, that'd be useful.

Thanks.
The developer has not been heard from in many months. There is no update.
I'm so glad I read through the comments before I downloaded this!

Photo
learning_to_fly
Dec 12 2009 07:37 AM

You "said" a MOUTHFULL!!!!

always read through before starting, just to make sure you completely understand. goes for all the forums here. goes for everywhere you go.
I agree this newer version is buggy, but I still had a copy of DSS from 2010 and have used it on about 800 machines so far this year, flawlessly. If you can find an older version on the web or at webarchive, get it. Works just fine.

Random Files

1 user(s) are online (in the past 120 minutes)

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP