Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Submitter

File Information

• Submitted: Apr 24 2006 04:47 PM
  • Last Updated: Aug 23 2011 12:41 AM
  • File Size: 1.99KB
  • Views: 214753
  • Downloads: 113,367

Download CDgone

* * * * * 3 Votes (You voted 5)

Screenshots
The popular CDGONE patch. CD drives may vanish in Windows Explorer, Device Manager, etc. if a third-party CD-burning package has been uninstalled and Registry references for some code modules aren?t removed successfully. This patch and a reboot usually will restore the missing drives. Any third party package still required will then have to be re-installed.

sorry I forgot to say this I already did this. I get back my drives however cdrw/dvd doesn't work. the other cd rom drive does
My laptop would not boot in normal mode after I installed and uninstalled DivX DVD software. I have windows 2000 in my laptop. This file saved me a lot of time and effort.
CDgone download worked great on a Dell D2400. Thanks.
A brilliant, quick and easy solution - 10 years on and the work you did writing this patch is still bearing fruit - Thank You!!
It worked for me too! Thanks so much for the help.
thanks, brilliant piece of code, worked for toshiba A205-S5853. Much appreciated.

Soldier Zach
Also worked on a Dell3100 after successfully using the various tools like GMER to remove a MBR rootkit that affected the Sony NEC Opti-Arc dvd-rw ND-3570A that was not recognized with a yellow exclamation point and code 39.

Good thing too, because neither Dell NOR Sony had a driver for this on their websites!!!!
Thank you very much. It worked for me!
Whew! I just spent all morning backing up the data I wanted to save in preparation for a clean install of Windows 7, was getting ready to pop in the DVD and get busy......DVD drive was MIA!!! I checked the device manager, it was there, said the driver was up to date but was giving me a code 39 saying Windows couldn't load the device driver software. This patch saved the day! Thanks a million!!!
not worked in my sp2 xp

Random Files

10 user(s) are online (in the past 120 minutes)

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP