Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing WebDP 2.07

• Please log in to reply

whathe

whathe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi to all,

I am trying to clean up my sisters computer of adware, malware and other junk. She has windows ME and has this program in add/remove progs called 'WebDP 2.07'. When I researched on internet, there was a similar situation answered in this forum. When I try to uninstall, it gave me a dailog box with the following text:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DelFin Ad Software Uninstaller (dialog box title)

Welcome

Welcome to the Display Utility Software Setup program. This program will remove the Display Utility Software from your computer.

Although it is normally recommended that you exit all windows programs before running this setup program, you may keep your browser and dial in applications open.

Click Cancel to quit Setup and then close any programs you have running. Click Next to continue with the Setup program.

WARNING: This program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under law.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=71520, I'm not sure if I should say yes to uninstall, and whether it would remove the systems' display utility software or it would remove the WebDP 2.07 adware.

My sister has an auto internet connection when the system boots up. I have installed for her already Ad-Aware SE v1.06 and CCleaner v1.31 if this helps. I have already run Ad-Aware a few times to get rid of a bunch of other junk she had on. Have not run CCleaner as yet. I believe this adware may have been installed with Kazaa, though Kazaa has already been dismantled. She also has something called 'Web3000' which the Ad-aware also picked up, but unsure how to delete. Please advise. Thanks for your help in advance! :whistling:

Advertisements