Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Age of Empires 2

• Please log in to reply

Besty

Besty

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I try and play Age of Empires II online my network goes offline and I have to reset the router to get it back on. I enter the IP of the game I'm joining, double click on the game I'm joining and I get in, but after 1 or 2 minutes in there I get disconnected. I have opened the port for the game on my router and firewall and I have the Windows Firewall disabled.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Cheers.

Advertisements

Besty

Besty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I play other games such as Call of Duty 2 and Medal of Honor Allied Assault online with no problems, internet stays on for me and the two other people on network, just thought I'd add this because it may help. Also, it's a wireless network. :whistling:

Besty

Besty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
When I go offline I get these messages in Event Viewer:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0004E225A398. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address 0004E225A398. The IP address being used is 169.254.252.43.