Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tcp/ip network transport [resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

shawnbrazo

shawnbrazo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently ran AdAware and immediately after removal of the quarantine files my computer would not connect to the web. The modem is active, but there is no connectivity. The error message is "TCP/IP network transport is not installed".

How can I fix this?

Advertisements

Salient

Salient

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi there, welcome to the Geeks To Go Forums.

If you are using Windows XP and your getting this message “TCP/IP Network Transport Not Installed” do this:

click on Start -> Run and enter the command “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt” (without the quotes), click OK.

You must reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
If your not using XP, please post back with your OS type

shawnbrazo

shawnbrazo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried this and it has not worked. But it was then suggested that I run the floowing as well: "netsh winsock reset" which (after reboot) has solved the problem. Thanks! :tazz:

Edited by shawnbrazo, 25 April 2005 - 08:13 AM.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Glad to hear this has been resolved, if you need this thread opened back up just send me a PM and I will open it back up.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: