Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP ASAP REGISTRY EDIT PROBLEMS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mewgirl

mewgirl

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I was trying to uninstall Logitech software, and got no help. I search the registry for "Logitech," but since Bill Gates and co. don't like any users to ever have a clean and easy-to-use computer who's files do not corrupt all by themselves, the "find" feature showed only one entry at a time, and showed things other then those which have been "found". So, expecting the software to actually work reasonably,I deleted every entry which showed up (at first). The relevant entries were always the only other key before the one found by the Logitech search. The Logitch-reletaed key always had a value of a location under "Documents and Settings". There were always 2 entries, and the bottom entry always had a value of xxxxx_packagex86_xxxxxxx.xxxx . I need to figure out what these keys are and restore them (if nessecary) before I restart my computer.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Edited by mewgirl, 04 July 2010 - 12:29 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You cannot restore deleted registry keys or data unless you previously made a backup of those keys or the entire registry. And the "find" tool in the Registry Editor only finds one item at a time -- that's normal behaviour.

You shouldn't mess with the registry after uninstalling software - it's unecessary and risky!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Duplicated topic from HERE
Please direct all responses to the original topic started yesterday.
This topic is closed.