Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to run malware tools, Win AntiVirus

• Please log in to reply

silverhammer314

silverhammer314

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,

I've been having problems with my computer for a few months, and decided a clean install of Windows 7 would help. Instead, I'm greeted with another BSOD that indicates a Page Fault in a Non Paged Area error. This is occurring during Windows 7 installation, so I cannot start in safe mode. I also cannot start Windows normally, since this attempts to jump back into the setup of Windows 7, which fails.

I'm posting here because in my thread in the Hardware forum, located here:

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=281401

I mentioned that I had previously had run-ins with Windows Antivirus 2009/2010, and I could not rule them out as causes of this error and others (nv4_disp, for one), so I was directed here first. I did use MBAM, etc. to apparently rid myself of this infection, but I know these things can be tricky and could still be hanging around.

I am not sure how I can run these utilities now, but I do obviously have another computer and some memory sticks, etc. so I'll try anything. Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

silverhammer314

silverhammer314

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I see that I've gotten some views but no replies of yet, I hope I'm being as detailed as I should be. There are some more details in the thread I linked to, but here are some more:

The Stop error is 0x00000050 (0x853531A0, 0x00000000, 0x8287344C, 0x00000002)

I'm using an Asus motherboard that does not appear to be supported in Windows 7 (p5n32-sli se deluxe) but this fault appeared before my installation attempt.

There have also been times when I am able to boot into safe mode, as I was pre-Windows 7 installation, but I have not been able to boot regularly in months.

I also could not use the recovery console at one point, although I am not sure what that will do in the middle of my setup.

Finally, I did formerly use a TrueCrypt partition on my HDD, but that seems to have been erased in the formatting process, or at least my disk management did not find it in safe mode (pre - Win 7).

I'm not certain that I have any Malware at all, but since I did have it in the past, I want to make sure I'll be rid of it in the new installation.