Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Costume party?!! :)

ok.. i'm bringing over ...
Posted Image and..
Posted Image and.....
and last but not least...
Posted Image
cant have a party without popcorn now can we,.. sorry no beer from me . i'll leave that for steamhead to bring :woot:

oh shez... hitting on the guy in uniform again??!! :tazz: girl.. ur gonna scare em away! that one almost got away! :woot: down girl.. down :woot: :P :P

oh.. my chain mail is at the laundromat... but i still have my broadsword! is this party weapon free??

Advertisements

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

:tazz: Being Go4fall allows me to be sort of genderless, doesn't it? It's OK, you are far from the first to call me Dude, dude. And I use a BUNCH of software. I just installed a $900 program yesterday! I use at least 8 different programs, and that not even counting the hundred or so plugins that I use within the photoshops that I use. And I use multiple photoshops.2 Adobes, as well as others. Way to many to give you a simple answer.
I know very well what infinity is, it's just that the concept of infinity and how a person visualizes that concept can be VERY different things for each person. I have no problem with doing it for you. But what I would probably make would most likely be some sort of swirling mass with some kewl light effects, with rays emminating from it and a few streaks of light, and maybe some lightning running through it. I would love to see what images you had in mind. :woot: You mind either posting them or PM ing them to me please? That would be great! OH, and I am a female. Whether girl, or lady depends upon what kind of mood I am in!! :)

That sounds really cool, just do whatever you feel will look good. I'm sure that'll top any ideas and expectations that I might have...lol. I understand what you said about different people having different ideas about infinity as a general term. But not me, at least! I'll PM the images to you in a couple mins. Did you actually buy that software for $900? Oh, jeez! You're serious about this, then. What software do you recommend? And from where did you get all your Photoshop plug-ins? I hope you don't mind my asking.
Later.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
OK , since you asked, I bought some "beer" :)

Posted Image

happy? :tazz:

probirusa

probirusa

banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
spam removed. member banned.

ZELETOR

ZELETOR

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hey just wondering how my avatar is coming along?

Homki890

Homki890

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Aww, shucks shez, thx :)

My love's name is Becca. Why is that so f---ing hard to find on the INTERNET of all places? Ud thing that ppl would have at least a rebecca, but Nooo. :tazz: :woot:

What is this costume party all about, im a bit confused about it. What should I bring? How would I bring my GF? Sry if i seem like a noob (maybe cause i am) but :woot:

Thx for your kind words. Made me feel a little fuzzy inside too.

thx for your time, and again for your nice comments,
Homki890

P.S. im just curious, can you give me an estimate on the time frame? And also waiting for the PM...whenevr you have time...

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
PARTY INVITATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Posted Image
Our much talked about party has begun!! Here is how it works. The party will continue beginning throughout the rest of the month and who knows when or IF it will end....... :tazz:
The party is to be a party of images, since images is what we do here. This is a COSTUME PARTY. I am asking each one of you to submit a picture of whoever you would like to be for the costume party, along with whomever you would like for your date to be. While it would be kewl if there were some part of your face at some age somewhere in the pic, it is fine if you simply submit a pic of someone totally different than yourself. Afterall, how do I know who's behind that really great mask? (Can you tell that I'm not very uptight about rules :)?) The same applies to bringing a date and your pet. You may bring whoEVER you want, whether they know they are your date or not, :woot: We need to keep our pics on the small side, so use your paint program to size them down to a reasonable size so that our dialup users will not be inconvienienced. You may have as many different costumes and as many different dates as you wish but only one per day. You may bring as many items as you want each day. For example, if you are going to bring Pepsi, add a small picture of Pepsi. (Hint: I use www.tinypic.com for image hosting.) If you are going to bring music, you might post a pic of either a CD player, a CD. or a specific group. Use your imagination to think about what would make a party great. There are no limits, since you can "bring" anything and anyone!
This page shows you very good examples to get things started. At some point, I will collect all of our grand party memories together and memorialize our experience. :woot: SO, Posted Image

The Big Shez

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Go4fall, 23 October 2005 - 06:36 PM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

hey just wondering how my avatar is coming along?

Honey, the answer hasn't changed since the last time you asked. If it were done, I would have posted it for you. I know that it's difficult to wait when you are eager to get something new. But I am only one person with oh so many requests. I barely have time to sleep. And this isn't the only thing that I do. I also create objects for a video game and admin and mod at another forum. So, please, try to understand, I am volunteering my time here at this point. That is going to have to change to voluntary donations very soon for me to be able to continue doing this because of the amount of time this requires. This is more than a full time job and I am not able to work. I am disabled. It is difficult for me to do this to begin with. So, I beg of you, please be patient with me. I truly do the very best that I can with what I've got to work with. :tazz: I am so very sorry that I can't get things done more quickly. But I just cannot put out poorly done work to get it done quickly. That goes against the things that I believe in. I believe that what is worth taking the time to do is worth taking the time to do well and I shall not change that. I really, really wish that you did not have to wait one more minute but the simple answer is that it will be done when it is done. :)

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@Bell.
Lovely snacks you've brought there Bell. They look just yummy!! You're such a talented chef! DO have me over for dinner some night!
HA! You thought that I was going to bring something in a uniform to the party, didn't you? :) I only like to LOOK at those guys,not actually touch them! It's the smart guys that I really go for. :tazz:
And I have a little something interesting for you. Thank you SO much for your extended patience, understanding, and friendship :woot: And here is a small reward for you. There is more to come but it's a start. I think it is rather unique!
(And for everyone else who is getting impatient, go back and check the date of when Bellona first placed her request. Not that it will take that long for others. Bellona and I had an understanding about this. But the point is, she has not complained one time. She understood. And because of that, in the long run, she will get much more out of me than one avatar.) :woot:
Let me know what you think about this idea, Bell. I think it's pretty wild looking. It does sort of the same thing that the underwater effect does but without distorting her features so much. It just distorts them selectively. I think it's groovy, if I do say so myself. But we still have other sword women to make something with. And then there is the black and white composition to be done. So, this is just a beginning!
(I'm off to pour myself a cold mug of rootbeer, which is a favorite of mine, and have some hors'dourves.:woot: )
Posted Image

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

EX-Marine from a long time ago in a land far far away <-- -back in the STAR WARS days if you can't tell.

That's good enough for me! I truly appreciate the protection you provided for us all. Thank you for your service to your country. It is much appreciated. You have my deepest admiriation. :tazz: :woot: IF you happen to have an old pic, it would be the perfect thing for the costume party! :)

Advertisements

Be||ona

Be||ona

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
@SHEZ

WOOOT!!! :woot: AS-SOME!!!
from now.. u can call me 'tw|tcher" :) :woot: or maybe.. heh 'pucker_up' :woot: :P i love it honey. your are da bomb :tazz: thank u sooo much! she looks sooo cute. i dream of jeanie just cant beat this nose twitcher..

and for those of u who keep asking for your avatar, i TOLD u good things comes for those who wait :P

xVEDGEx

xVEDGEx

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Posted Image

me (Darth Vader) and my date. :tazz:[

Edited by xVEDGEx, 23 October 2005 - 07:38 AM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

That sounds really cool, just do whatever you feel will look good. I'm sure that'll top any ideas and expectations that I might have...lol. I understand what you said about different people having different ideas about infinity as a general term. But not me, at least! I'll PM the images to you in a couple mins. Did you actually buy that software for $900? Oh, jeez! You're serious about this, then. What software do you recommend? And from where did you get all your Photoshop plug-ins? I hope you don't mind my asking.
Later.

:P My income level prohibits purchasing suh expensive programs. So, there is no way that I could afford to buy that expensive program. A dear friend was kind enough to get it for me, knowing that I would put it to good use. :woot: And I need to make a correction,though. After checking with my friend, I was informed that I was mistaken. I thought it was the $900 version of the software but it was the $200 version . I'm not one to exagerate. Sorry, that was an honest mistake.
About programs. I am most comfortable using Jasc Photoshop Pro 9 for all of my everyday photo editing needs. There is a trial version of it available. Do a google search and I'm sure you will find it. I think the trial version will work for 30 days. And there is a LOT you can do in 30 days. I would suggest doing some tutorials before starting the 30 days of trial so that you don't waste the 30 days just learning how to get around in the program. Unless you already know how to navigate it or Adobe photoshop, and then it's all about the same. But there are other things that I can only do with Adobe. SO, I use Adobe 7and Adobe CS. I have recently found that I really like Adobe bridge.. I have other assorted programs that do special things also.
There is a free animation program available from Uncle Bill at Microsoft that you can get here if you want to give it a try yourself. http://www.jhepple.c...if_animator.htm
ABout plugins. There are many good ones. Again Google search. Some favorites of mine : Alien skin, Eye candy, Blade Pro,VCW Vicman has a free photo editor available and some kewl stuff,Splat, and oh so many more!
Since I am not likely to answer this question over and over again, you have a new job here since you asked! Now you are the official keeper of the info about programs and plugins. SO, the next time you see someone ask this question, please, make a new friend. Share these thoughts kindly with them. Pass on what I have told you here. I Knight you "Official Knight keeper of the plugins" ; a very high title!! :tazz: :) And good things will come to you also. :woot: :rofl: :woot: :rofl: :P :P
Thanks, dude! :(
Shez

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@XvedgeX
AWsome Costume dude!!! And Sweeeeet date! Wow, you're in for a good time! But who is she supposed to be? Or is she just some skank? :rofl: :woot: (OMG< I hope that's not your real g/f ":woot: ) I'm SO very glad that you have come to the party. :(
And I have some good news for you. I've been working on your avatar. I hope to have it done soon. Yours and DavePigs are what I'm working on right now. :P It might be done tonight.

@Zeletor,
Then yours is the next one on the list, I think. :tazz: . So, it's not as long of a wait as you or I had thought. I'm very pleased to be able to let you know that :) :help:

(OH, BTW, let's keep our costume images a little smaller. The Terms of Use mention something about the size of pics that are posted. The basic idea behind it is to keep them on the small size. I will help anyone who needs it learn to resize as long as I don't get bombarded. Or I will find a good tutorial to point you to. We don't want the neighbors to call the cops when the party is just getting started so we had better keep it down !! :P :woot: :rofl: And NO chewing tobacco allowed. I can't stand to watch ppl spit!! yucky
!! :P

The Infinite

The Infinite

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Oh, thank you, thank you for promoting me! lol
Thanks for all the help and suggestions, Shez. I also have this software called Photo Pos Pro (30 day trial) that I'm using to edit images. Have you heard of it? It's prolly not better than all your softwares, so I'll give them a try.
Later, Shez!