Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stopzilla

• Please log in to reply

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Okay, I am not sure if this should go under here or not. But a friend of mine who doesnt really use the net found stopzilla on her computer it was found by panda scan. I have never used it before so I do not know much about it. I know from what I have been told that Stopzilla is a adware program, but she NEVER added it, and has since added then deleted/uninstalled to try to get it off. we are getting help from a friend of hers at the moment who has had her go thru the registry and talkewd her through remoing items that come up with it, but it still comes up.. now the stopzilla is coming up in a descvc reg file and it will not let us remove it not even in safemode.... any thoughts? oh also no other scan program shows stopzilla just panda but it is there.
any help or thoughts would be awesome!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
see this thread.... http://www.geekstogo...lla-t17626.html

you should be able to go to add remove programs and uninstall it.

destynnee

destynnee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
actually we have already tried, and no it will not it only shows up in the reg files and it will not let us edit or delete the reg files that comes up w/ it. my first idea was to do add/delete we even installed it because it was never installed to begin with and then deleted it using add remove programs, and it is still on the pc.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, well lets get a hijackthis log posted here. http://www.merijn.or.../hijackthis.zip

by using this I can help you remove it.

destynnee

destynnee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
K, i will see if i can get her to get me a log of it. but i know when i look at the log that day, i could not find stopzilla in it... but that does not mean it was not hiding under another name.