Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Troubles in most PC games

• Please log in to reply

Peddament

Peddament

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
My computer has run every game that i have attempted to install into it without fail, however most games experience the same sort of problem. I run Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, my computer is a Hewlett Packard Pavilion with AMD Athlon XP™ 1900+, 1.59 GHz, and 1.00 GB of RAM. I have Sound Blaster Live! and a nVidia graphics card, however, I experience the same problem time and time again.
Whenever a game has an FMV sequence, such as an intro movie before the main menu, or FMV cinematics, the sound cuts in and out and crackles. It does it erradicatlly and randomly, but it always does it, and it is very annoying. It makes the cinematics unintelligible and i would very much like to solve the problem.
Some games that have experienced it have been: the cinematics in Diablo II, the intro movie for Civilization 3, the intro movie for Battlefield 1942, the cinematic intro to Republic: The Revolution. (Warcraft 3 cinematics did not experience problems however, i do not know why).
Normal game operation is fine, during the normal game everything runs smoothly, only in cinematics do i encounter difficulty. Also, CG or in game cinematics do not experience problems, such as those found in Deus Ex. It seems only when they appear in FMV or non-game graphic style cinematics that i encounter my dilemna. Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Also, the cheaper and easier the solution the better, as i do not know a great deal at all about fixing a computer myself, thank you.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like a driver issue. Have you downloaded the latest driver?
http://us.creative.c...port/downloads/