Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAPTOP MONITOR SUDDENLY WENT DARK

• Please log in to reply

SKUTER

SKUTER

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'VE SEEN ALOT OF THIS PROBLEM POSTED ON THE INTERNET FOR VARIOUS LAPTOP MANUFACUTERS, BUT NOT A GOOD ANSWER. MY PROBLEM (TODAY) IS THE MONITOR ON MY ARM LAPTOP SUDDENLY WENT VERY DARK, THERE IS STILL SOME IMAGE BUT IT'S REALLY HARD TO SEE. I'M AFRAID THAT A BAD ELECTRICAL CONNECTION MAY HAVE CAUSED THIS BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S REALLY A HARDWARE PROBLEM OR IF JUST MESSING WITH THE DRIVERS WOULD RESOLVE THE PROPLEM, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK

Edited by SKUTER, 30 March 2004 - 02:16 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like the backlight went out. You'll need to replace the screen. It may cost more than the laptop is worth to have a shop do it, but you can often find replacment screens for sale on the Internet very reasonable, and they usually come with detailed installation instructions.

baddad

baddad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
first u say dark can u see the screen at all like it very dim if so then it is ure inverter.. that powers the back lights ....its cheaper than a new display..