Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page Cannot be Displayed

• Please log in to reply

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok heres the problem. i had just resolved my winfixer problem and went to the Jasons Toolbox place and downloaded Spyware Guard and Blaster. But now when im on the internet, i use IE, it goes extremely slow, when hitting the back button i usually have to hit it twice for it to work, and where the ads (pictures) used to be it says page cannot be displayed. I undid alll the changes i had done with the Jasons toolbox and still it goes slow and says cannot be displayed. Yes i understand that allowing the ads to appear it makes my computer more vulnerable, but if letting them show makes it go faster, then ill take that risk. So if you can help me out in any way, let me know please.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Use System Restore (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools) to roll it back to before you installed that program.

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
yeah but spyware blaster and guard help keep me protected...and the winfixer screwed up my computer

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Exactly.. I don't trust WinFixer.. if you Ad-Aware scan fully, it'll find that as a big mess... bunches of errors and messed up Registy Keys..
WinFixer finds these errors, but it never gets rid of them... it stores them all in one place.. and if anyone happened to to stumble there, the errors can be set loose upon you computer.. just get rid of WinFixer and get Ad-Aware SE Personal, ZoneAlarm, and Avast! Antivirus, and you're set...

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
no no no...winfixer is a spyware program. and i had it. and it like ruined my computer. i had just been helped by your forum in getting rid of it and they told me to get spyware blaster and spyware guard to help keep my computer protected from winfixer and things like that. But even since my computer has been fixed, the internet has gone super slow. it takes forever for pages to come up. but winfixer i do not have and winfixer is a spyware program, it hurts your computer, not helps it. do you know of anything to make my internet run faster, i have road runner cable internet and its suppossed to go much faster then this. the other computers at my house have internet that goes fast, but its my computer that seems to go slow.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Yea, I know that WinFixer is spyware, but it acts like it's helping your computer, when it really isnt.. It causes errors and such..
Get Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D and run their full scans.. I'm sure you'll find a ton of trash that's bad... then.. your computer SHOULD run faster..

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok. I have mcafee, ewido, ad aware, microsoft antispyware, spyware blaster and guard, e trust pest patrol, cw shredder, clean up, AND spybot search and destroy. winfixer is gone. but ever since i got rid of it my internet has gone really slow. im going to try a system restore back to when i installed spyware guard and blaster, i think that might be my problem.

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Sure, and If that doesn't work, back up your hard drive and post in the malware forum... you may have to reformat eventually..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
paradox..did you even read his first post...he said he just got rid of winfixer...in other words..he knows it's malware...and that he got rid of it...winfixer is not his problem..i suggest you read the post and verify the issue before posting faulty advice.

i would suggest not doing a system restore...unless you made a restore point after getting rid of winfixer....you may still be infected by something installed along with winfixer..

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
yes, i have done that already, and i have most of those programs already as well. the only thing i didnt do was the sock fix so i did it, and now my internet might be running a little better, but i will get back to you on that

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
no, i downloaded firefox and the firefox runs faster then the internet explorer did, but not as fast as my internet explorer ran before i got winfixer. and internet explorer still runs very, very slow, so i am going to make a thread in the malware section to make sure i dont have anything i shouldnt.

Big Tizzle

Big Tizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
ok, im clean of malware, and my internet still runs slow, any ideas?

Common

Common

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
yea if anyone could help us cuz i got the same EXACT problem...well kinda exactly

i dont even remeber downloading winfixer....i just get those popups all the time i open IE