Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows system32 ntoskrnl.exe

• Please log in to reply

mycancan

mycancan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was wondering if there was a place that i could download <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe?
I have my Windows XP disk but it wont boot up on its own. All the help that i could get would be amazing!

:tazz:
Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, look for boot priority and change it to CD ROM Drive then hard drive, put the XP CD in, press F10 to save then press enter, then type Y and press enter, look for press any key to load from CD, press enter

Then

Use the Bootcfg utility in the Recovery Console to correct the Boot.ini file:

1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer.

2. When you receive the message to press R to repair Windows by using the Recovery Console, press the R key.

3. Select the Windows installation that you want, and then type the administrator password when prompted.

4. Type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER.

5. When the Windows installation is located, the following instructions are displayed:

Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)

[Type Y in response to this message.]

Enter Load Identifier:

[This is the name of the operating system. Type Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition.]

Enter OS Load options:

[Leave this field blank, and then press ENTER].

After you perform the preceding steps, restart the computer, and then select the first item on the boot menu. This should allow Windows XP to start normally.

After Windows XP has successfully loaded, the Boot.ini can be modified to remove the incorrect entry.

http://support.micro...b/289022/EN-US/