Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I wan't to set up dual Monitors...

• Please log in to reply

Adzi

Adzi

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I currently have a spare LCD monitor lying around and I was wondering (with my current set-up) if its possible to run a dual monitor system. I currently have an GeForce4 FX5500 (AGP/256mb). Is there some way of hooking up a second monitor?

Help is greatly appreciated :tazz:

Adam!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are there two output connections on that video card?

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
it has VGA, TV-out (S-Video), DVI....if that helps...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
then yes...you can set up two monitors if you like..one of them would connect to the vga port (the picture i found of y our card...has a blue vga port...not dvi...if yours DOES in fact have a WHITE dvi port...supstitute vga for DVI for everything i say) and then one with svideo....of course...to use the svideo...you have to be connectiong to something that is svideo capable or possibly get a converter...if there is such a thing

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok...bit confused,

Basically the back of my card has a small Blue Port wich im guessing is the VGA a circular black one and a white port of somesort (I have included a picture). So do i need an adapter of somesort, becuase the monitor I have kicking aroung has the same sort of plug (VGA) as the one im using now...

Posted Image

Cheers, Adam!

(ps. I appologise for the horible photoshop, I did it in about 2 seconds)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right side is vga middle is svideo and left is dvi

so...one monitor on vga port....and one monitor with a vga to dvi converter....like this one http://www.cablestog...=2801&sku=26956

Adzi

Adzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Thanks for the help :tazz: Much appreciated