Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Themes of Vista

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey I'm currently running windows XP Home, does Microsoft has a theme of Vista out?

Edited by Tony_1983, 26 July 2005 - 10:35 PM.

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
If you go to WinCustomize they have some Longhorn/Vista look alikes to mod Windows XP

Here is a link to some screen shots of Vista

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Is there another site? cause that one does not do a good job of it sorry, I used to use it. :tazz:

Hey the IE7 that is shows in the second link, is that newer one that is going to be for XP and Vista ONLY? ;)

Would it look like that for real?
What are the security features in that new IE?

When is Vista going to be released in NZ (the final)?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
While Windows XP and earlier versions of Windows use a lot of graphical elements, or pictures to display the user interface, Windows Vista will have a lot of those elements coded into the software. It's a much different approach to how Windows operates, and how it displays information. While there may be themes that approximate the look of Vista, you'll have to wait for Vista to get the full effect.

IE7 will be a much needed upgrade to Internet Explorer in both security and features. It will only be available for XP users with Service Pack 2 installed, and Windows Vista.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Cool, that would be good, cause I am waiting for IE 7 to come out

pyro4444

pyro4444

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Cool, that would be good, cause I am waiting for IE 7  to come out

View Post

the new ie 7 is floating around the net, along with vista. im runing longhorn 5048 right now.

dyserq

dyserq

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Windowsblinds is a decent program in which you are able to skin your desktop and generally the look of the windows interface or the GUI
There have been many longhorn and vista skins out currently and there will undoubtably be more seeing as vista has been released to selected people
Try out these sites

http://www.wincustom...ID=5159&LibID=1
http://www.wincustom...ID=2156&LibID=1

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

the new ie 7 is floating around the net, along with vista. im runing longhorn 5048 right now.

View Post

Where can I download internet explorer 7 then cause I have not been able to find it, and i am meaning the final version.

dyserq

dyserq

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Wow
Pirating firms have already distributed the new os and ie 7 ?
That is fast considering how microsoft has only distributed to a limited number of people
I wouldn't mind knowing myself where you can download it

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
go to [removed].... has three different BETA versions

We do not allow any linking to illegal software.

Edited by admin, 13 August 2005 - 09:56 PM.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
too true no wonder microsoft is loosing its rep and if this vista dosnt go well for them then it could be farewell.

twister3634

twister3634

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey.. As What I Hear.. It Isn't Gunna Be That Great My Uncle Works As A Microsoft Developer.. As To What He Says It Sucks Up Pc Usage And Is Going To Be Quite Pricey But It Has It's Upsides Too.

tem13ca

tem13ca

• Pip
  • 8 posts
True that it sucks up memory. But it appears to me the more programs you run the less RAM is uses. Sortive like a digital RAM scale. I'm currently running the offical build 5112, and its running a version of IE that I havn't seen before(apparently its version 6.00.5112.0)... Looks alot like firefox.

ktownkatman

ktownkatman

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
how did u get the build 5122?