Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe. system error - sasser worm?

• Please log in to reply

sonicyouth1984

sonicyouth1984

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi guys,

I originally posted my problem here and have been instructed to post it again in this forum. The previous link was
http://www.geekstogo...22#entry1155222

It appears that I have been hit by a Sasser Worm that causes my Windows XP to reboot as soon as it loads up. This also happens during each safe mode, last know configuration etc.

The error messages I receive is lsass.exe. system error". in the box it says when trying to update this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct. It then reboots before I get into Windows.

As I can't boot into Windows I am unable to get a Hijack This Log. I also had Windows XP pre-installed on my computer and although I may be able to borrow a copy from my parents or from a friend but I'd prefer another solution if at all possible as I don't head back to my parents often.

Advertisements