Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

malware/rootkit infectio0n

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
hi

Could you please boot your computer into SafeMode and see if the problem persists.

Also is your copy of Kaspersky is legit? problems started before or right after installing it?

Advertisements

Wendywoo0805

Wendywoo0805

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi,

Will try safe mode & see what happens............ have also noticed some of the pics I have stored are not displaying either.

My kaspersky is legit...... I bought a 3 user 2009 several months ago....... when I tried to install on windows 7 it wasnt compatable but window came up saying valid licence and it automatically installed 2010 version. I havent had any probs with laptop ubtil a few days ago.

I remember clicking on a link for a jewellery making site and a window for some crap scan stuff came up unexpectedly. Kaspersky immeadiately ontified me of a problem which I assumed it would fix/delete/quarantine. My problems have only happened since then which is why I assume some connection.

Hope this info helps :-)

Quick update.............. tried to start in safe mode but yet again it wuldn't do it and this is the second time since weekend that the windows automatic repair window came up. Clicked all the buttons as required but it again came up at the end to say it could not be automatically repaired. upon shutdown it has allowed me to start up again however although desktop bg is still missing and I have no idea how things will run.

Hope at least some of this info is of help to you.........

Wendywoo

Edited by Wendywoo0805, 19 July 2010 - 03:04 PM.

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
hi

you are clean, the problem is not malware related.

Go over to this section: http://www.geekstogo...dows-7-f79.html

Create a new topic stating your problem and tell them you've been cleaned here and include the link of this topic.

Wendywoo0805

Wendywoo0805

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have done all that now................ Many thanks for all your help :-))

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
hi

your are clean, the problem(s) are not malware related.

Go to this section: http://www.geekstogo...-and-windows-7/

create a new topic stating your problem and tell them you've been assisted here and insert the link of this topic.

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.