Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msiexec.exe

• Please log in to reply

Lis2

Lis2

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello,

I'm having an issue with msiexec.exe Currently I have 2 msiexec.exe running in windows task manager and they like to take up approx. 70% of my cpu. I tried running msicuu2 to remove the program and it comes back with a 1500 Error. I'm not currently installing anything.

I know when I tried to install my isp Telus software, it was having difficulty reading the disc and wouldn't get far into the installation. I'm guessing this is related? I'd like to stop msiexec.exe from running, when it gets a high cpu it starts checking my cd/dvd/floppy drives for something to install and the whir is getting very distracting.

Thank you,
Lis

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my list of links below). Take all the preliminary steps. After the helpers from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It may take some time because they are quite busy there.

Lis2

Lis2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
That would be an interesting idea, however, it requires installing programs which windows will not let me do BECAUSE it says a program is all ready installing, hence the msiexec.exe cpu usage. Its a vicious cycle.

ERROR 1618 - Another installation is all ready in progress. Please stop the installation before proceeding.

Lis

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Please post there anyway without running the preliminary steps. In your post, please mention and direct the reader to this thread.

Lis2

Lis2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Okay, thanks :)

Lis