Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

name data box auto fills

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
This is a strange problem.... When ever a page comes up that requires data to be entered the name field automatically fills in with Ric. Some time ago, ok a long time ago I remember adding Ric to , I think, an auto signature for email(although it never has shown up as far as I know.) Not sure about it but I remember something like that. (my name is Richard and I guess at the time I figured Ric would be nice to use.

Any idea where this mysterious "Ric" is so I can get rid of it.

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
http://www.ccleaner.com/\
Download CCleaner, and run a scan. Then allow it to delete what "junk" files it finds. Don't worry, it's perfectly safe.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
We don't recommend use of CCleaner here because of the problems we've had to help people with after they use it.

Open your browser and find the box that may be checked to remember Form data.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
I forgot about the auto fill feature of the browser. Turned it off and all is ok. Still wondering where that "Ric" is hidden though.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It is probably in the autofill information. If it is not happening now then thats where it was coming from. If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You can choose your browser's option to clear all the form data as well as other junk collected like temp Internet pages, passwords, etc..