Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound or video on PS3

• Please log in to reply

Trickishaura

Trickishaura

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
ok so i just bought a PS3 from someone. It was working at his place throught HDMI. I have brought it home and connected the component cables and i have no sound or video. I tried reseting it but still no luck. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

learninggeek

learninggeek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
2 things you can do, buy HDMI cable, only few bucks on ebay.com, or check and see why component cables aren't working

Topaz

Topaz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Also , have you setup your T.V. to recieve the PS3 signal , may have to select another channel such as AV .

sync0s

sync0s

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
As learninggeek said it's because the display on the playstation 3 is set to HDMI (although it's not because the cables aren't working). I tricked geek squad (idiots) with this once by bringing it in and saying the display didn't work. Reality was I just wanted a brand new ps3. He deemed it as faulty because he couldn't get it to display either. You can either buy an HDMI tv or go back to that person to use their TV and go to Settings -> Display Settings and choose Component.

Edited by sync0s, 18 January 2009 - 02:30 AM.