Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nvidia scsi raid controller problem

• Please log in to reply

jbraun13

jbraun13

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i had to reinstall all of my nvidia drivers but now whenever i reboot my system it say that it found new hardware which is my nvidia scsi raid controller, i go to install the drivers, it finds the drivers and proceeds to install, then after the install is done it says there was an error installing it. i put in the nvidia cd it came with and reinstalled everything but it still won't work. what do i do?

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Did you delete the card from device manager before reinstalling the driver?

jbraun13

jbraun13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
no i didnt

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Delete the card from device manager and restart your machine. Let windows look for a driver and install it.

jbraun13

jbraun13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ok i did that and it found the drivers. it again installs it but right after the install it sayss there was a problem with the installation..

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
does the message give you any other information about the installation?

jbraun13

jbraun13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i ended up reinstalling windows xp and all of my drivers, started fresh. and it solved my problem. thanks for all of ur help.