Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

packed data crc faild. the volume is corrupt

• Please log in to reply

MahatmaGandi

MahatmaGandi

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
every time i try to extract somthing i get this error! packed data crc faild. the volume is corrupt!
i have treid using evry extracting program on the market i evan formated my computer and it still dosent work.
i have lucked into many forums and found nothing
hope someone can help because i im out of ideas

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
its means the source your trying to extract is corrupted. What are you trying to extract and where did you get it?

MahatmaGandi

MahatmaGandi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
its evrithing i try to extract, files are not corrupt because i extracted them on a nother computer. and i know its nat RAM because i went and bought newones today and tested them.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Please provide an example. I generally use winrar for all of my zip, rar, and other compressed files.

MahatmaGandi

MahatmaGandi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i found an answer but i still dont know what the problem was and it would be great if someone could give me an answer whay it worked when I set bios an defoult.
thank you for your help. this live chat is great.

P.S. : I used a lot of programs winrar, 7zip, universal extractor...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you mean you reset bios settings to default. Were you over clocking?

MahatmaGandi

MahatmaGandi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yes i mean reset bios settings to default. but it was not me who was over clocking it was my brother and i did not know.
sorry for my bad english but im using a dictionary to write this and thank you agein for your help. i hope this post will help enybody with brothers.