Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the software you are trying to install did not pass windows logo test

• Please log in to reply

djmarzy

djmarzy

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi there i keep getting this message when trying to install certine programs "the software you are trying to install did not pass windows logo testing". if any 1 knows what the problem could be and how to fix id it would be a great help.
thanks.

luke

Edited by djmarzy, 29 April 2009 - 12:44 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
1. Right-click My Computer.

2. Click Properties.

3. Click the Hardware tab, then click Driver Signing under Drivers.

4. Click Ignore – Install the software anyway and don’t ask for my approval

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi rshaffer61 i fallowed ur steps but the problem still hapend allso after fallowing your steps i tryed to conect back to the internet to reply to you but i could not conect to the net so i trublesooted the problem and it said my ip address is invalid. im begining to think i have mallware lol.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since Malware could be a possibility I would suggest that you:

Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijack This Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT Forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, and if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Edited by rshaffer61, 29 April 2009 - 02:29 PM.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi again im upto "System Restore (Windows Vista, XP and ME)" on the mallware and spyware cleaning guide. i just downloaded the System Restore program and tryed to run it and got this message
"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) click on ok to terminate the application."

Edited by djmarzy, 29 April 2009 - 02:50 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Move on to the next step.
Just post in the topic when you start it there that restore step wouldn't go through