Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pointer Keeps Jumping Around Please Help

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I'm running windows XP pro and just recently I'm experiencing some problem with my pointing device, it keeps jumping around for no reason at all. For example I will typing something and the next thing I know the pointing device has jumped off of what I was typing so I have to click back where i was at and finish typing. The funny thing is, I haven't installed any new software or anything, thats why I'm kinda curious to why its doing this all of a sudden. If anyone has any ideas why this is happening I would really appreciate it thanks.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you did not tell us what kind of pointer you have...mouse or touchpad?

If touchpad, go to mouse properties in control panel and turn down sensitivity

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Man I forgot the biggest detail of sorry about that it is a touchpad though. I will give what you said a try and let you know what the outcome is thanks for the quick response I appreciate it.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Ok so I did what you told me to do and it actually didn't fix the problem. Do you have any other sugestions? Thanks again.