Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which motherboard should I buy?

• Please log in to reply

Firestorm

Firestorm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm planning on building myself a new system for gaming. I chose out a moderately good graphic card and a processor (things within my meager price range), but I'm stuck on what motherboard to choose. Truthfully, I know nothing about motherboards... I did some research on motherboards but if anything it messed me up even more.
The video card I chose out is: ATI Radeon X700 w/256M DDR w/TV & DVI (PCI EXPRESS)
And the CPU is: P4 3.0 GHz (630) 800MHz LGA 775 (2MB Cache)

Now, what motherboard would be compatible with these two things? I can't afford anything too expensive, and I don't want any fancy extras on it. It doesn't need any super audio chips because I have a good sound card in my current system... I just know I'll need at least 6 USB thingies (ports? slots?) on it. Also, it should be good enough so I can eventually (hopefully) upgrade the video card, etc.

Can anyone please help me out? =(

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ild get an AMD cpu(they are cheaper) and an Nforce4 motherboard(they are the best out) Thatll save you some money and get you a better pc fro gaming.

Firestorm

Firestorm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much! That really helps me out =)