Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost taskbar

• Please log in to reply

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
This is more then likley categorized under " trivial " but its becomming annoying after a few hours of dealing with it. Somehow I have managed to lose my taskbar when I open a program like ms paint or internet explorer or adobe photoshop ect ect not just with the web browser. take note of the very bottom of this picture and you will see what i mean.

http://img507.images...ntitled7dg1.jpg

the problem as you can see is my taskbar takes the backseat when a desktop program is up and running. This never use to happen my taskbar was always visible when i had internet explorer or any other program up for that matter. Hope someone has a solution for this :tazz:

Edited by Thomas Aquinas, 28 February 2006 - 04:32 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Thomas Aquinas...

Right click on the Task Bar and select "Properties". In the Properties window, tick the box next to "Keep the Taskbar on top of other applications"..."Apply" the change and click "Ok".

Now open the IE window...better?

wannabe1

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
YES! thank you so much for responding sorry I havent gotten back to you till today. This is the only place i've been to that has answered all my questions thank you very much if i could + reputiation you i would!! =)

Edited by Thomas Aquinas, 01 March 2006 - 03:54 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to help! :tazz: