Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

S/PDIF out to S/PDIF on two computers

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've just put together a HTPC computer, but for the time being both computers are sitting at my desk (which is in my living room) hooked up to the monitor I watch TV on. My problem is that I'd like to be able to use the same Antec Lansing speakers for both computers, so this is what I'm thinking:

I was hoping I could plug the speakers into one computer, then run an optical cable from the S/PDIF out of the computer not hooked up to the speakers to the S/PDIF in of the computer hooked up to the speakers. But...

I'm having trouble doing this. In theory, it should work, right? But I can't seem to figure out how to get my computer to "stream" the S/PDIF in (or the Line In, for that matter). Anyone know how to do this?