Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows update problem

• Please log in to reply

skater1788

skater1788

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
hi, To first start off im not sure if im in the right forum but if im not, sorry. Well i got a little minor problem with my windows update, in the bottom right corner i have something telling me that updates for microsoft defender are ready to be installed. I download these updates and they successfully install, but after 5 seconds it pop ups again telling me that theres update ready for my comp. Ive installed them about 20 times and it just re pops up. So im asking you all for help to see what the problem is.

thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, security centre, click change the way security centre alerts me, remove the tick from automatic updates, click OK. Click automatic updates, put the dot in turn off automatic updates, click OK

Visit Microsoft Update, late evening, each 2nd Tuesday of the month

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
hi keith, That fixed it and its now gone, knew it wasnt nothing serious :tazz:. thanks alot for your help :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is important to remember to visit Microsoft Update on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, though you can visit there whenever you like

skater1788

skater1788

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ill be sure to :tazz: thanks.